Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Towards the end of our practice session last weekend, the CP33 stopped running well. I figured it was just gooey, and needed a cleaning, so bagged it and shot other guns until it was time to go. On cleaning it, I noted that the business end of the firing pin was now horizontal... hmmm. Stripped the bolt down, and found the pin broken at the base where it joins the larger part. Guesstimated 5k rounds through it at this point.
I figured this was just going to take an email or a phone call; most manufacturers are pretty cool about this sort of thing, and stuff breaks in normal use, eh? So... 1st email Sunday, 1 March. No response by Monday when I got home, nothing in the spam folder. Emailed again Monday night. Figured maybe they don't check e-mail, a lot of businesses aren't very good about that. Called Tuesday from work, the phone message while you're holding says they no longer sell parts by phone, only from the website. The website only has magazines for the CP33, nothing else. So I get a guy on the phone, and he says they aren't shipping parts for the CP33 because some lowlife stole a couple of guns off their table at a gun show. But if I give him the serial number, he'll see what he can do. So I get the serial at lunch break, and call back, he goes on hold for a bit to " try to get an exception", comes back and says that's approved, gets my address.
As of today, nothing has shown up. I did finally get an email back from them asking for the model and what part, saying they'd send me one, so I replied with that info, ( pretty sure I had included all that, and the serial in the first email...) and referred to the conversation with the guy I spoke with on the phone; I'm not trying to scam them for a second free pin, in fact if I could have bought a handful for spares, I would have.
Anyway, I'm feeling a bit frustrated since I have a match on the 14th, hopefully something shows up in time for me to have this thing back on line by then.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Well, that sux. I wonder how not selling parts does anything for the stolen guns? Maybe they have parts missing?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wow, that sounds frustrating. Don't really get what the gun show debacle has to do with CS on their end...

Sounds to me like they don't really turn out too many CP33s. KelTec has been notorious for poor supply chain management.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My recoil spring rod just came out of the bolt, it mostly stays in there if I shove it back in. I've heard of one other person having this fail, kind of a minor deal, though, since it's all retained once the pistol is reassembled. I thought about peening the flatted end of the recoil rod a bit more, but haven't bothered, yet. One thing that helps is to make sure the bolt is closed when you disassemble the gun, or else it snaps open against the flatted end, and can pull it out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The broken firing pin was a separate issue, gun has run fine since they sent me a new firing pin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts