Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the range. My CMR-30 locked back on an empty mag, but then wouldn't return home for the next mag. She finally let loose, only to stay out of battery by about an 1/8th of an inch.

After some finagling, a piece of the bolt catch fell out. She goes back to battery now, but no lock back, obviously.

I e-mailed Kel-Tec, so we'll see what they say. In the mean time, this sucks. :mad::(:mad:

·
Registered
29 Posts
After having my CMR-30 repaired for a major FTF problem that started a LONG thread just over a year ago, now I have another problem. The bolt catch stopped 'catching' within a couple hundred rounds fired after getting it back from Kel-Tec. Upon firing it and enjoying the fact that it finally shot and cycled nicely without a hitch, I did notice one difference in it's operation from before I sent it to them for repairs, but didn't consider it a big enough 'deal' to even mention. The bolt catch/release function work smoothly before the repair, but was so stiff after the repair, that it took way too much force to push down on it to release the bolt. Still though, it did its job when a magazine was empty or simply when I wanted to hold the bolt open. I just learned to use the charging lever and got used to it. NOW, as I mentioned earlier it is apparently broken, because it still has spring resistance but absolutely will not hold the bolt open. I will also cross-post this info to my original thread on the FTF problem...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I've been doing some googling since posting this and have found quite a few people describing weird problems with their bolt catch ranging from intermittent failure to suddenly not functioning altogether.

Seems there may be a rather significant design flaw. I'm starting to regret the purchase at this point.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.