Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the gun back today. Nice quick turnaround after I bitched about it! ;) (Wow, that's some cool auto cuss correction!)

So far everything looks top notch. I think they must have fired the crap out of it testing as it came back pretty dirty. The barrel show no sign of the rough "milling" marks like the other one did.

OK, some minor ones right on the inside of the first lug (where the first one broke :eek:) so I'll have to watch it.

Did a quick fluff/buff and it cycles pretty smooth. Got it back together, so no photos yet! Will try to shoot tomorrow and post then. (ONLY two weeks since I picked it up broken)

OK to shoot only with gun butter, or do I really need some heavier grease?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I talked directly to the supervisor and explained it was DOA last Friday. He received it on Monday, replaced the barrel and slide, and shipped back Wed. Pretty good service! Glad I didn't to wait the 3-4 weeks originally quoted by the first tech.

That's what I get for buying online. If local, I could have walked in and swapped out (if they had stock)

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
Rustynuts said:
That's what I get for buying online.  If local, I could have walked in and swapped out (if they had stock)
This may have worked out better. With a swap you don't have the factory go over it with a fine toothe comb.

I never complained when mine went back after a couple of dozen rounds. 2 week turn around and it;s been flawless since. I can live with that.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, put about 150 rounds through yesterday with no failures. Only some semi FTF from me weak racking the slide on the first round. These little slides are stiff and hard to grip!

Used some Hornady, Corbon DPX, Blazer brass, and WWB. So far so good.

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
Rustynuts said:
Well, put about 150 rounds through yesterday with no failures.  Only some semi FTF from me weak racking the slide on the first round.  These little slides are stiff and hard to grip!

Used some Hornady, Corbon DPX, Blazer brass, and WWB.  So far so good.
  I'm glad to hear your gun is now 100% and KT took good care of you. Don't worry about milling marks on your barrel. They did not cause previous failure.

P3AT slide racking is all technique. I can rack it one-handed with either hand.

The best technique is to grip pistol normally with strong hand. Lay fingers of weak hand over slide with all finger pads on slide and thumb on serrations pointing aft. Now push strong hand into weak hand and then let go with weak hand.

Packer.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
RN, though I haven't used Gun Butter, you should be OK. I use Slide Glide (grease) on the rails and it has served the purpose well. I also treat all of my guns with Mililtec after purchase. Then at regular cleanings I use Gun Scrubber, CLP, L4E's original (Bore Goop) cleaner, and Eezox. Light coat of oil in bore and on outside, heavier grease on high friction areas like slide rails. Congrats on the quick repair/turn around.  8)

·
Banned
4,317 Posts
Packer wrote: "P3AT slide racking is all technique. I can rack it one-handed with either hand."

One handed? How?
That sounds like driving nails one handed. Yes, I can too, if someone else holds the nail.

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
  Left hand:

Right hand:

It's a kind of juggling move to release, chamber and catch again though.

BTW, there is also a technique for starting nails one-handed that I learned as a kid working in my family's construction business. ;D

Packer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.