Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend I shot 220 rounds through my new PF 9. 100 Winchester white box, 100 Federal and 20 Hornady custom hollow points. Was a bit nervous with the amount of FTF, FTE, and double feeds that I hear plague this pistol. But to my suprise no hiccups! Although I was suprised that the recoil was felt more with my PF9 then the Glock 27 I had rented. Anyways I'm 6'4", 270lbs and have bearclaws for hands plan on putting on a Hougue grip and doing some other mods. As this is my first Kel Tec. Here are my questions I'm hoping to get answered.
1. Are there any after market night sights for the PF9?
2. Is a laser guide rod available?
3. My first grouping was almost 4" to the left of my point of aim. Should I be concerned or adjust sights?
4. I'm all about having spare parts, what have you noticed goes first and or good part to have on standby?
5. Aftermarket barrels?

ForumRunner_20120416_002903.jpg

ForumRunner_20120416_002829.png

ForumRunner_20120416_002949.jpg

ForumRunner_20120416_003023.jpg

ForumRunner_20120416_003059.jpg

My apologies have these questions been posted already on past threads.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Welcome to KTOG. Your range report is the norm dispite what you may read here.

1- no aftermarket sights are on the market that I know of.
2- no but there are some that are compact and will fit on the rail. I'm not a fan of lasers myself.
3- I would shoot it from a rest before adjusting the sights. Maybe have someone else try as well.
4- I have two PF9s with hundreds of rounds fired in each. No replacement parts have been needed. KTs service is outstanding they can have parts to you in a few days, usually free of cost.
5- none known, why would you want one?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you CJP 32. For your response I figured that much with the laser and after market sights. As far as the shooting goes there was a total of 4 shooters to include myself. All with the same issue. This coming weekend I will go try again and see if I can figure out the issue. And lastly, the after market barrel was more of if there was a stainless steel barrel out there for the PF 9

·
Registered
718 Posts
Check the rear sight for center. With such a small sight radius it won't take much to be way off. Tool to loosen the screw is in the box. Laserlyte makes a small inexpensive laser that will fit on the side of the gun. Factory page is here but you can find them under $90.00 if you hunt around. Amazon even has them. I have never heard of anyone wearing out a barrel on one of these guns.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Good pictures! My rear sight is all the way to the right to make shot hit the bulls eye. It's not the fault of the sights - but rather the gun. However, it is consistent.

As for night sights - nothing out there except cheap paper paste overs that glow in the dark. That's a waste. My advice is get a laser - its 2012 not 1912. Clemson Trace makes a good one. I know it's expensive but what you saved by buying KelTec will help you. Thats my opinion and good shoot'n friend.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for all the info. I was originally looking at the crimson trace and more then likely will be putting that on. I have some vacation time coming up and will be spending some time adjusting the sights. Will give painting the sights a thought too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts