Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ran 200 rounds through my HC PF9. Seems to be more accurate than me. Only 2 FTE, both on WWB 115g FMJ. It ate the Federal stuff like it was goin out of style. No failures with the Federal and at 19.97 for 100 round bulk pack at Wally world who's complaining.

Next investment is a hogue handall jr. and some self defense rounds to test reliability.

BTW this not a gun I plan to shoot often. To me it seemed very controllable even though it was snappy. But palm of my hand hurts.

·
Administrator
31,975 Posts
Just ran 200 rounds through my HC PF9. Seems to be more accurate than me. Only 2 FTE, both on WWB 115g FMJ. It ate the Federal stuff like it was goin out of style. No failures with the Federal and at 19.97 for 100 round bulk pack at Wally world who's complaining.
Thanks for the report. Your experience is very typical.

Next investment is a hogue handall jr. and some self defense rounds to test reliability.
The grips are a nice upgrade and do tame the beast a bit.

BTW this not a gun I plan to shoot often. To me it seemed very controllable even though it was snappy. But palm of my hand hurts.
Obviously, you need to get comfortable with the gun, but having long since done that, I don't shoot a lot of rounds though mine. Just a few mags here and there to keep proficient. ;)

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Congrats!!! 200rds is a lot through a little 9. Me even being a recoil junkie i'll only shoot 3-4 mags at one time. Think if you shoot till it hurts no matter who you are you'll start bad habits.

·
Registered
322 Posts
If you get a +1 Mag extension, it will tame the recoil a lot more, particularly with the Hogue grip, as well.

·
Registered
589 Posts
200 rounds is a bunch in one day for the PF9. If you can stand it thats a good way to get the break in over. I did 100 or so today but I spread it out between a 22 S&W.

Continued good luck

·
Registered
43 Posts
"Break-in"

It's definitely making a difference. Shooting a couple of mags. Taking the gun apart and cleaning, observing wear points and contact spots and light careful lube. I'm getting a lot happier with this little 9 every day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts