Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen this or have one?

Brass Stacker Kel-Tec Sub 2000 9mm Compensator Muzzle Brake NEW!!

There is a picture on the linked web site.

Our Made in America compensator/muzzle brake with Teflon® liner. They are precision machined, not cast and feature a PTFE Teflon® (-350°F to +500°F) I.D. liner that provides a moderate press fit onto the barrel. It has an oversize .386” (9.8mm) diameter exit hole and is supplied with 4) #6-32 set screws for positive retention. It requires no permanent modification to the firearm. They carry a 100% Lifetime Warranty.

Here is the link:

http://www.thecountryshed.com/kel-tec_sub_2000.htm

·
Registered
19 Posts
Have not read about this comp, looks interesting though. It looks like you would not need to remove the FS. Would be eager to hear about performance. I suppose the remaining question is, does one really need a comp on a 9mm carbine?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'll have to agree with Kream... it's a nice looking item. But it's a solution looking for a problem. Maybe it should be geared toward the .40? But I've not shot that model.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. Those were my thoughts. It looked fairly cool without a major mod to the weapon. Probably won't get one....................for a little while anyway.

hardcase60

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
I also wouldn't hold out much hope for those 6-32 setscrews to hold it in place on that little stub of barrel that extends forward of the front sight. History has shown setscrews are not particularly reliable for holding on a piece of smooth metal that bucks from recoil regularly and goes through heating and cooling cycles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts