Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend, I shot my p3at and out of 100 rounds, I had two instances where the brass did not eject. In both cases, it was the final round. Also, they were different brands of ammo.

is this a function of limp wristing? I realize the gun is not entirely broken in, but wondered what might contribute to this. The round fired, but the brass did not eject.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I'd say it might be due to limpwristing. The gun is as light as it will ever be on the last shot. With a firm wrist the slide should have enough momentum to eject the slide when the casing hits the ejector.

Provided the ejector is still in the frame. It is possible for them to fall out during cleaning and be misplaced.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Assuming it was your 1st 100 rounds, it might well have been limpwristing, especially on he last round, if not just normal break-in stuff. Clean, lube, shoot, repeat... but don't loose the ejector, part # 115.

http://www.kel-tec.com/p3atparts.html

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
  Tips for locking your wrist:

TWO HANDED:

1. Place strong hand on grip with finger alongside trigger guard.  
2. Cup weak hand as if you were going to drink water from it.  
3. Rotate weak hand 45 degrees toward your body.  
4. Place palm against front of strong hand fingers, with thumbs nearly parallel.  
5. Line up on target and push forward with strong hand while pulling back with weak hand.  
  This will lock your wrist and prevent limp wristing.

SINGLE HAND GRIP:  

1. Line up on target.  
2. strain hand forward as if you were trying to get the gun closer to the target.

SHOOTING FROM THE HIP

To shoot from close in with one hand, do the same straining forward, but lock your elbow so the hand can't actually GET forward. This works from 90 degrees or even from the hip--By tensing your arm muscles. You should practice both.

Packer.

·
Registered
84 Posts
[quote author=Two Pistol Packer link=board=104;num=1175989874;start=0#4 date=04/07/07 at 17:32:47]   Tips for locking your wrist:

TWO HANDED:

1. Place strong hand on grip with finger alongside trigger guard.  
2. Cup weak hand as if you were going to drink water from it.  
3. Rotate weak hand 45 degrees toward your body.  
4. Place palm against front of strong hand fingers, with thumbs nearly parallel.  
5. Line up on target and push forward with strong hand while pulling back with weak hand.  
  This will lock your wrist and prevent limp wristing.

Packer:

Another great benefit of your technique is that it eliminates the tendency to pull to the right (for right-handed people) as the trigger is squeezed. I found it harder to remember to pull back with the weak hand than it was to push with the strong hand but the improvement in accuracy is well worth the effort, especially with these DAO pistols.

marco

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.