Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi KTOG friends! i have owned my brand new 2nd gen sub2k for under a week now; and i have only been out firing it 3 times (200 rounds total). the weapon is chambered for .40 S&W and configured to accept Glock22 mags.

when i field stripped the weapon for just the second time yesterday, i noticed the collar was closer to the serial number than i recall. upon further inspection, the collar had (somehow) come loose and i could literally slide it right off. the threads in the collar were mostly stripped out. i have ordered a new collar from KelTec this morning.

anyone else experienced this problem?

Reactions: Blackkat

·
Registered
264 Posts
20200427_155736.jpg
Screenshot_20200427-161944_Gallery.jpg
20200427_155736.jpg
Yes sir I will try and help you if I can, I believe that all glock variants of the Gen 2 sub 2000 come with metal collar that are treaded but the polymer around the neck of the tube were the metal collar attaches is not treaded. Check the inside of the metal collar to see if it treaded (it should have treads to give the polymer something to bite on to when attaching the collar) there is an adhesive called loctite 380(black max) that is use to keep the metal collar attached to the neck of the sub 2000. I'm attaching a picture of the loctite 380 that Mcarbo or Lowes sell. I got this tube from Grainger. I don't even need it because my Gen 2 sub2000 which is the multimag variant that uses the plastic collar. It has some sort of clips that keep the collar in place and does not require adhesive or loctite 380 to keep it locked in place. Mcarbo has a video on their website on this matter. To be honest I don't think you need a new collar,just loctite 380 to help keep it attached to the polymer neck. Hope this help buddy

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the stock collars threads are stripped. i already ordered a new one straight from KelTec for under $10. i am going all the way though and ordering the full internal upgrade kit that will also include the armorers wrench to properly install the collar to the weapon.

Reactions: Blackkat

·
Registered
264 Posts
When you order your kit from Mcarbo I believes it comes with the loctite 380. Upgrading the internals all at once is the way to go. Keeps from opening up the sub2000 multiple times. I only replaced the feed ramp and hammer bushing pin. They are the only internal plastics parts. It runs like champ and the stainless steel feed ramp makes a huge difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts