Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It shot beautifully. When I first got it home, I did a light cleaning, there seemed to be an excess of "gun grease" in many spots. I took it out last night and put about 300 rounds through it with one fail to eject. I'm quite pleased with these results and glad I didn't have any horror stories to share. I used black box federal maroon label ammo only.

When I got it home and disassembled it, everything looked fine including the 2 screws in the bolt assembly. Gave it a thorough cleaning and should be good to go. This is my first gun that I personally own and glad I got it after few recommendations from some friends.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Congratulations on your PLR22, just a great little gun to shoot. I saw mine in my local dealers used pistol display and bought not even knowing what it was. Lot of fun and inexpensive to shoot.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
When I got it home and disassembled it, everything looked fine including the 2 screws in the bolt assembly. Gave it a thorough cleaning and should be good to go. This is my first gun that I personally own and glad I got it after few recommendations from some friends.
Congrats on getting a PLR22, they are awesome and cheap fun!

Keep an eye on those bolt-assembly screws, especially after a lot of shooting. They tend to 'walk loose' and can cause all sorts of feeding/ejection problems. Last time I disassembled my bolt I put just a little bit of Blue Loctite on them. Yesterday I burned through 500 rounds and when I spray-cleaned the bolt today they were still tight.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congrats on getting a PLR22, they are awesome and cheap fun!

Keep an eye on those bolt-assembly screws, especially after a lot of shooting. They tend to 'walk loose' and can cause all sorts of feeding/ejection problems. Last time I disassembled my bolt I put just a little bit of Blue Loctite on them. Yesterday I burned through 500 rounds and when I spray-cleaned the bolt today they were still tight.
I'm new to the PLR-22. Are these screws that need locktite located internally somewhere within the assembly? Or, are they the black philips head screws you see on the outside?

·
Banned
36 Posts
...also my wife's favorite gun of mine. It's actually the only one she will even shoot. Won't even come down to the range unless I'm bringing it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I finally this last weekend got the wife to shoot our new AR15. This was the second time and she said she didn't like it after the first time. Now after spending a bit more time with it she actually says she enjoys shooting it. Sure went through 100 rounds fast for something she didn't like at first. If I can get her to shoot the AR as well as the PLR I'd be happy. She loves her pistol just as much as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just bought my second PLR-22. Had to. Wife "stole" the one I had for me. This is by far her favorite gun to shoot. Sadly, it is mine as well. That's why I had to go get a second one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts