Brand new P3AT + 250 rounds = 6 ejection problems

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Zell, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Zell

Zell New Member

Feb 20, 2008
    I purchased this little puppy brand new last week and have put 250 rounds through it as of today (four trips to the range). Six rounds of the 250 have failed to eject properly (I had three today of 56 rounds). Is this normal for this gun at this level of "newness"? I cleaned and lubed it only once right after the first 50 -- I have not done the fluff and buff. I'm wondering if the three failures I had today were due to the gun being dirty? It's not a target gun -- self defense only -- so I need to count on it firing when I pull the trigger.

Thanks.

2. forestranger

forestranger Active Member

Jan 29, 2008
    NC
    Re: Brand new P3AT + 250 rounds = 6 ejection probl

p3at likes to be cleaned and lubed regularly- my routine is after 50 rds which is most I shoot it at a time since break in. Even then, I shot it 50 rds a range visit until I had 200+ along with about 80 carry loads. Only problems I've had was when trying Wolf ammo.

3. Prostatix

Prostatix New Member

Feb 7, 2008

Sigh.. you better start using ballistol!

4. norton

norton New Member

Jan 25, 2008

My first trip to the range I fired about 150 rounds. I had a few ftf when the slide didn't go all the way into battery. I slapped the back of the slide then continued.
    When the mag was empty I held back the slide and applied a liberal amount of Breakfree to the rail. Cycled it by hand, wiped off the excess and loaded it up
    and repeated as needed. Failure to eject never occured, if it went bang it ejected.
    Next trip I had 1 failure to feed and I repeated the Breakfree treatment. There was no cleaning between trips. I have now fired 200 rounds or close.
    I'm going tomorrow night to shoot some more. Maybe, I'll clean it this spring.
    When I say no cleaning, it's does get a patch down the barrel and wiped off
    plus more Breakfree.
    There are no mods to the gun, other than a laser. It's carried daily.
    Norton

5. Zell

Zell New Member

Feb 20, 2008

What is ballistol?

6. Prostatix

Prostatix New Member

Feb 7, 2008