Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the twins has some really deep groves on the barrel where the assemby pin slides through:

These are deep and rough enough to tear tissue paper sliding across them. Is this something that needs to be sanded down prior to first use?

Except for this, both of the twins seem to be completely free from any rough edges, flakes, burs or anything anywhere! Even the marks you see to the right are smooth to the finger...

TIA, Scott

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Already working on prep.  Don't think I am going to go to advanced prep until after a day in the woods.  The goldenloki site has been up pretty much all afternoon as I have been working on these two!

Thanks, time will tell if they act different in firing but twin 2 is definately a lot rougher out of the box than twin 1.  Amazing as one would assume that they came off production equipment in nearly exactly the same state of repair/tolerance as they are sequentially numbered.

-Scott  

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
If it shoots - it shoots. :)

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Two Pistol Packer said:
  I'd worry more about polishing up that rough looking hammer slide. Now if it doesn't shoot right--That's different.
Thanks TPP. The really funny thing is that, like I said, nothing else felt rough and I did not even notice how bad the hammer slide really was until I looked at my own pics! May just touch that up a bit before shooting and will go back over everything with a brighter light.

-Scott
Packer.

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Two Pistol Packer said:
  If you shoot your new twins one in each hand, then you're MY kind of guy, Scott!
Packer.
Will have to wait till tomorrow or Monday to see but they actually feel as comfy in the my left hand as my right so it might just happen - but I dont know that I can aim that way???

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
The first time I tried shooting left handed, i couldn't hit paper. Practice makes perfect though and now I shoot almost equally well with either.

The real fun of one in eacn hand though, is seeing the faces at the range when you syncopate your rapid fire. They will be wondering where the full auto is shooting.

Packer.

G

·
adamsesq said:
Already working on prep.  Don't think I am going to go to advanced prep until after a day in the woods.  The goldenloki site has been up pretty much all afternoon as I have been working on these two!

Thanks, time will tell if they act different in firing but twin 2 is definately a lot rougher out of the box than twin 1.  Amazing as one would assume that they came off production equipment in nearly exactly the same state of repair/tolerance as they are sequentially numbered.

-Scott  
u have to remember the only thing close to ur two weapons is the serial numbers. all the other parts are sitting in mass quantities for a tech person to grab and assemble. that barrel difference could have been made by a complete different machine and made a week ago and was just grabbed in the parts bin etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.