BRAKE DOWN PIN GETTING LOOSE.....

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by eccoboot, Jun 12, 2011.

1. eccoboot

eccoboot New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    After my usual trip to the range today,and while taking the slide off my p3at i noticed the pin is somewhat loose and no longer makes that snap noise while putting it in or taking it out to remove the slide..is there a way to tighten it up, as i fear if i dont, it may start walking out while shooting the gun? the gun has about 100 rounds through it and shoots well...its in my back pocket in a leather TALON GROUP holster, 24-7....

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I'm not sure you have a problem but anyway, the Assembly Pin Spring (part 284) is shaped like a hairpin.  There are grooves in the frame where each leg of the pin should sit.  Possibly it has bent or otherwise slipped slightly out of position (out of the groove) and no longer makes solid contact with the assembly pin.  Move or bend it back into place and/or order a new one.

[​IMG]

See page 8/9
    http://www.keltecweapons.com/upload...3d295a6f5be382dba13048a3929a7p3atv2manual.pdf

3. eccoboot

eccoboot New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Fixed it....now makes the nice clicking sound....at least i did not send a pm with this problem LOL..thanks very much TX..