Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a bowling pin shoot at my local range on thur. nights. Shooters split up into B and A class, $15 to shoot and winner takes all for B and A seperately. Most use .45 but I heard that some A class shooters use a .22 to keep it fair when competing against B class. My question to you all is do you think the .380 has a chance before I throw up $15 and if that is yes hollowpoint or ball.

p.s. its 5 pins at 8-9 .yrds

Thanks,
Justin

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
Only if you have practiced a lot at 10 yards, are an excellent shot with the P3AT, and are using some very accurate ammo like UMC JHP.

Not many here would risk the $15 to try it with a P3AT. I think I will try it myself tomorrow and see how I do.

Packer.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
That tiny gun with a 2.75 inch barrel will put you at a decided disadvantage. Realistically, to compete, you'd have to be an excellent shot with a P3AT, but hey, it's only money. :-/

Packer could probably be competitive but he shoots well and often. I would need bowling pins the size of a toodler. :-[

G

·
some1yell said:
There is a bowling pin shoot at my local range on thur. nights.  Shooters split up into B and A class, $15 to shoot and winner takes all for B and A seperately.  Most use .45 but I heard that some A class shooters use a .22 to keep it fair when competing against B class.  My question to you all is do you think the .380 has a chance before I throw up $15 and if that is yes hollowpoint or ball.  

p.s. its 5 pins at 8-9 .yrds

Thanks,
Justin

NO!!

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
Bowling pins are harder then Woodpecker Lips to knock off the table.

Even using a .45 with GI ball ammo, if you hit anywhere but dead center, the bullet will glance off and just spin the pin around on the table.

I would have to bet against anyone winning a Bowling Pin match with a P3AT, even 2PP!

rcmodel

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
Don't listen to these naysayers Justin. Go for it! If nothing else you willhave a lot of fun. Just think of the looks you will get when you bring out your "Noisey Cricket." ;D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.