bought one, JRM3X

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by wild_cat_mccane, Jun 18, 2008.

1. wild_cat_mccane

wild_cat_mccane Banned

Sep 28, 2007
    Well...hehe after bad go with the pf9, I gingerly steped into the p3at.

Ruger lcp was sitting on the counter with a guy. he was looking at both. took the lcp. and that was the last one. lasted an hour they said.

Anyways, I wanted the p32, but they didn't have one...guy was talking some real smack on the p32. all crap according to this site...but hey I want a small kel tec.

So p3at. Didn't clean it. Just went to the back range. 50 rounds of magtech fmj.

I put up a paper 3 inches wide by 5 inches long at 5 yards. first 4 shots I didn't hit it. I was annoyed. oh great.

I adjusted. hit every single time after that. actually hit in the same hole. A lot!

The trigger is significantly lighter then the pf9.

I don't care what the manual says. way lighter. haha maybe I am wrong though :)

I misjudge how long the trigger was the first shot. i though it had clicked off and thought it was broken. haha.

Anyways. I am satisfied.
    :) what more can you ask

2. quickmick7

quickmick7 New Member

Oct 24, 2006
    south florida
    glad you like it...it does make a great little gun...more bang for your buck ;D

3. cm

cm New Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Trenton, MI.
    Welcome aboard Wild Cat Mccane.
    I love my P3AT. Shoot it every chance I get.
    My SS# HUExx. One of the first 2d gen.
    Charlie.

4. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Hi Wild Cat,

I see you're a "Full Member" so what took you so long to come around to the P3AT?  :)

Best of luck with your new gun. Sorry that you had a bad go with the PF9 but did you finnally get it working?

Take care...

5. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    They're great little guns and hard to beat for the money. What flavor did you get?

6. Hornett

Hornett New Member

Sep 1, 2006
    My favorite thing about my P3at is the trigger.
    I sold a P-11 to get it.
    The P-11 has a real long heavy pull.
    My P3at is still long but light and with a definite break at the end.
    I may have to buy a matching P32 someday.

7. wild_cat_mccane

wild_cat_mccane Banned

Sep 28, 2007
    thanks all.

Flavor: blued. They didn't have stainless.

what took so long...caliber. I admit it. but I will be danged. for the past hour sitting here I never even thought about it, and its in my pocket!

PF-9, no i didn't get it working. I am of the opinion that these require some more work. People reported (like myself) all good after only a couple hundred rounds. this is when my started doing everything wrong. everything. Never could hit anything anyways.

All and all very happy