Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband just bought a P3-AT yesterday. On our way home we stopped at a range and put 50 rounds throught it. After approximately 25 rounds the assembly pin came half way out. After another 10 rounds the gun jammed with a round stuck in the ejection port. Then last night was unloading and then reloading and gun jammed again to the point we had to use a tool to push the round back down into the clip to be able to close the slide. Anyone have any sugestions? We really want to love this gun and get one for me but our experience has been unimpressive? Please help!!!!
??? ???

G

·
You may need a new assembly pin. Also I would recommend polishing the feed ramp and chamber using a dremel, felt pad and jewelers rouge. It is also not uncommon to have a few feed problems during the break in period.
BTW welcome to the site.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Welcome to the forums! :)

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Since you just bought this, I'd see if you can exchange it for a new gun. IMO, you shouldn't have to take it apart and do all that on the first use.

Don't get discouraged, the P3AT is a fine gun. I just bought mine a couple of months ago and it's been flawless after about 300 rounds.

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
Welcome to KTOG, myjas!

The assembly pin should not have come out. It is possible to bulge the grip when removing the pin. Then when you put the pin back in, the bulge keeps the pin from seating.

Look at the grip where the head of the pin is and see if it is bulged. If you haven't had the slide off, then it came from the factory that way.

Either way, it is possible that firing it with the pin loose may have gouged out the opposite frame hole. You might want to return it to the dealer for a swap, or send it back to Kel-Tec for repair.

Packer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.