Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

Bought a SU-22!

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ArcticNemo 
#1 ·
I actually went in looking for a Sig 522, thats the only reason I passed on the SU-22 last time I was in the funshop, but they still couldn't get the Sig so I went with the Kel-Tec.  My Sub2k and my (now sold :( ) SU-16 are well built and gave me zero problems so I knew the 22 would be the same.  

At the range today it was hitting several inches low and way right at 25 yards.  I adjusted the windage easily but didn't have a proper tool to fix the elevation. I'm definitely gonna throw a cheap scope on this once the open sights are zeroed in.  

I loaded all the mags up with Federal value pack from Walmart.  Out of almost 500 rds in one range session not a single failure to feed or eject but did have two instances where the round didn't go off, I pulled the bolt back to eject it but the cartridge stayed in the chamber.  I let the bolt fly home again and it fired and ejected sucessfully, so I'm thinking maybe the bolt didn't go completely into battery and was a light primer strike the first time.

I recall reading in another thread about the stock only being able to hold 10rd SU-16 mags and the BDM mags won't fit, but as you can see in my pictures below I can get the BDM mags to securely latch into the stock with no play or looseness whatsoever.  The mag sticks out some but doesn't get in the way of firing.  A moot point for me as I plan on eventually getting the Charlie stock.

So not surprisingly I'm very pleased with my 3rd Kel-Tec product..!

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice!

I already put the Charlie stock on my SU-22, but now I need to go check and see if my Black Dog mags will fit the original stock. I thought they wouldn't fit.

Those transparent mags look weird. :)

I hope you enjoy your SU-22 as much as I've enjoyed mine.

#3 ·
Liberty4Ever said:
Nice!

I already put the Charlie stock on my SU-22, but now I need to go check and see if my Black Dog mags will fit the original stock. I thought they wouldn't fit.

Those transparent mags look weird. :)

I hope you enjoy your SU-22 as much as I've enjoyed mine.

Ha, I bought those clear mags at a big discount over a year ago when I was planning to get a .22 AR upper but never did, so they sat in an ammo can until this past weekend. It IS unusual using them after being so used to the smoke colored ones... but they still work perfectly.

As long as the SU-22 continues to run as great as it did for its first outing I'm sure I'll be a happy camper.

#4 ·
I got mine!

The big shop in the area gouged me a bit, but they also gave me more credit than I paid for the trade-in.
SU-22 and two sets of rings...an acceptable deal for something I wouldn't shoot anyway.

My first shot was without ear protection, and I realized this is the quietest .22 I have ever used. I can only figure that the polymer receiver and plastic buffer are bound to make less noise than the 10/22's metal bits hammering back and forth. The only real noise came from the sonic crack echoing back off the treeline.
Soft-shooting, even for a .22, this thing is like firing a pellet rifle!
Oversized mags aside, this may replace my Ruger as a regular plinker......More likely, it will be stolen and added to the wife's side of the cabinet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.