Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The RDB, a ingenious bullpup rifle in many ways, has the benefit of a fully covered action protecting it from rain and debris.

This covered action also restricts options for inspection of the chamber.
For this, The RDB has two viewing angles on the bottom side; one thru the mag well and one thru the ejection port. The mag well inspection is obvious and needs no explanation. The other is an inspection hole in the wall between the mag well and ejection port allowing for a better viewing angle.

I'll admit, reading about this hole in the online instruction manual prior to getting the RDB left me less than clear on the subject. Perhaps the graphics aren't as good as they could be. With 220 sq. in. of available printing area in the instruction booklet they give only 8 sq. in. for, what I think, is a very important subject.

The concept is to align the two arrows with the view hole and you should be in line with the chamber.

So for the benefit of anyone interested I will post these pictures of a spent casing in the chamber as it would be in a FTE situation.
The first pic is a view thru the mag well and the other is the viewing hole in the eject port centered on the bullet casing.

Attachments

Reactions: Je-ff

·
Registered
138 Posts
Additionally, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere (manual?) that those little triangles you see on either side of the ejection port are part of that "peephole" design, as in, line those up with the hole (like you have in the second picture there) for the perfect/proper viewing angle.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, that's what they're there for. But I don't think the graphics in the manual are good at illustrating this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.