Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Initially got this in the wrong thread but here's the question
Newcomer (first post) and really glad to find this forum and this thread. Could I get an opinion on my version of this problem? Pleased with Gen2 G17 up to this point. 800 rounds fired with no problem MCarbo trigger kit installed. After last range visit, I finished cleaning and can't get the bolt back (hammer is not forward) pushed back what looked like a half-cocked hammer with my finger and bolt goes in however now when racking bolt does not slide all the forward. Stops about 1/4 inch. Can force the charging handle down to close but this worries me about shooting the gun. Any suggestions really appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE:
It somewhat fixed itself. Took bolt out 2-3 times and although I never had to do this the first 700 rounds I can push down with my finger slide the bolt home and it now racks as normal.
Don't get it -- but not knocking it either. Will test this weekend.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Glad to see you got it back running.

Every time I've cleaned mine I've had to use the wood dowel to depress the trigger to get things back together. Maybe after a time (read I need to shoot it more) it'll work itself out.

As a matter of fact, I just talked myself into taking it to the range today :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Done and done, put 150rnds thru the S2K w/o a hiccup. White box Winchester at that. I zeroed in the front sight yesterday and it hit where I was aiming!

·
Registered
10 Posts
UPDATE:
It somewhat fixed itself. Took bolt out 2-3 times and although I never had to do this the first 700 rounds I can push down with my finger slide the bolt home and it now racks as normal.
Don't get it -- but not knocking it either. Will test this weekend.
I had the same problem the first time I reassembled after cleaning. The hammer was cocked but I could not push the bolt pass the trigger and the thing with my finger did not work. I spent a good half hour just trying to get the bolt passed the trigger. After about 10 or 15 times the bolt just went in very easy and I don't understand why? Maybe because this was the first time, I don't know but took it to the range and it was flawless! Go Figure!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts