Bolt hold open

Discussion in 'SU-22' started by graffiti007, Feb 17, 2011.

1. graffiti007

graffiti007 New Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Is there a bolt hold open mod to stop dry fireing?

2. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    For some time now, Black Dog Machine LLC has been making the magazines that ship with the SU-22 with a magazine follower that holds the bolt open when the last round has been fired, and their aftermarket spare mags should have the bolt hold open feature as well.

Note: The magazine follower directly holds the bolt back, so you should still pull the bolt back farther and engage the SU-22 bolt lock before removing the empty magazine. Otherwise, removing the empty magazine will release the bolt, and it'll probably round over the plastic follower tab enough to eventually prevent it from locking back the bolt... but replacement followers are $5 for a pack of three!

http://blackdogmachinellc.net/kel-tec-plr-22.aspx

3. little_airwolf

little_airwolf Member

Sep 6, 2012
    I just recived my su-22 and there is no bolt hold open. Yes the magazine will hold the bolt open but I read that you guys can pull back more on the bolt and lock it. Maybe on the su-16 but not on the su-22!
    Can anyone please tell me how to activate the bolt hold open? I too would like to be able to switch mags without the bolt flying forward and damaging the fallower.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  4. Liberty4Ever

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    I think you need to read the friendly manual - page 7.

There is a bolt hold open button located at the bottom of the magazine well. Pull the operating handle back and push up on the bolt hold open button (the manual calls this the bolt stop) and the bolt is held open. Pull back on the operating handle to release the bolt stop and the bolt will travel forward again.

5. little_airwolf

little_airwolf Member

Sep 6, 2012
    My gun didn't come with any keltec manual.

6. Liberty4Ever

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
  7. chong78

chong78 New Member

Feb 29, 2012

Damn I really should have actually read mine not skim over like I usually do. Thanks for the info I never new there was a way to lock it open it annoyed the crap out of me, I just assumed there wasn't a way.