Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry for all the posts but i am a rookie and love to learn. at first i did a B&F on my entire barrel, feedramp and it definitely helped feeds. but not 100% so i did the complete B&F. my question is when you did the B&F, should you reblue the bare steel inside the slide to prevent corrosion? does bluing even help with corrosion? or did you just keep it lubed and forget about it? thanks.

G

·
Hudispit said:
sorry for all the posts but i am a rookie and love to learn.  at first i did a B&F on my entire barrel, feedramp and it definitely helped feeds.  but not 100% so i did the complete B&F.  my question is when you did the B&F, should you reblue the bare steel inside the slide to prevent corrosion?  does bluing even help with corrosion?  or did you just keep it lubed and forget about it?  thanks.
SHOOT- CLEAN- LUBE - REPEAT--- My pattern- no rust so far.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
I reblued the slide once I had it broken in and no more F&B was required. Just to be safe since I carry all day and get it somewhat sweaty? But I also keep it well lubed and that should keep it safe as Nu_again and Rat said. ;-)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.