Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that some people have had issues with aluminum cased Blazer ammo in the P11 but what about the brass cased ammo?

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Aluminum (regardless of make) and Steel is not recommended by Kel-Tec. (Falls under the 'Non-Standard ammo' portion of the statement on page 3)
Blazer Brass is fine.

(As an aside to others who may be reading) While Aluminum and Steel may shoot just fine through some members' Kel-Tecs, the forum just asks those members not to 'endorse' those Non-Recommended munitions to others.

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
Being that Blazer's made by the fine folks at Speer, at least you can count on the primers reliably going bang. Haven't tried Blazer Brass in any of my guns yet, though, because Federal Champion is much more readily available and about the cheapest stuff I've found (not counting Tulammo, which I REFUSE to shoot in any of my guns ... even my P89).

·
Grand Poobah
1,367 Posts
Blazer BRASS has been good ammo for me in my P-11 .
+1

Independence Ammo is apparently now Blazer Brass in a different box. At least that's what's on the headstamps. It used to be made in Brazil, and was good ammo then, if not a little on the hot side, but it is now made in the US, apparently by Speer. This is true for .40, and it has been good in my SUB 2K and a Glock. I don't have any current production 9mm Independence, so can't say for sure about that.

buzzsaw

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
The only alum ammo i ever fired was 25acp. Being a reloader i haven't tryed the blazer alum stuff. Have burnt through alot of blazer brass, it has all worked good, has'nt been very accurate from my 1911s but has done good in my 9s and 40s.

·
Administrator
31,982 Posts
Yea, I've shot Blazer brass though mine too with no issues. PF9 and Sub2K as well.

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
Aluminum is harder than brass? This is news to me. I would've figured it was the other way around...

·
Registered
187 Posts
darkwriter77 said:
Aluminum is harder than brass? This is news to me. I would've figured it was the other way around...
i work in an engraving shop and can tell you that aluminum reacts very differently to pressure then brass, it doest expand as easily as brass and is often times left with burrs. whether or not that means it is harder im not sure, but it does behave differently

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
Strange. I thought the whole reason Blazer aluminum-cased ammo was not recommended was because it was too SOFT and would snag on the extractor claw or something like that, and/or because it doesn't feed as smoothly in n' out of the chamber compared to brass or nickel-plated brass.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts