Blazer 380 Aluminum Ammo

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by BIG_BEAR, Jul 9, 2009.

1. BIG_BEAR

BIG_BEAR New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    Hi all,  I am not new to this forum. I look alot but post little. I do have a question. Has anyone here had any issues using Blazer 380 with the aluminum case? I just got 2 boxes of it for my P3AT. My slide is at KT for some finish work so I can't try it out. If there are problems with that brand of ammo. in P3AT My son can use it in his Bersa. Any advice will be welcome.  :cool:

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    You may have some issues with that. Kel-tec recommends brass-cased ammo in these guns. :-?

3. BIG_BEAR

BIG_BEAR New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    Thank you for the info. And also for the help with my post. I'll put it in the right place next time. :)

4. charger22

charger22 New Member

Nov 26, 2008
    I know it has issues with the LCP as well. The whole cartridge ends up being to large I think. Use it anyway for practice. Get a jamb you get to work on your responce to the jambed pistol. With .380 what it is right now I just shoot what I can for practice.

5. Sassi

Sassi New Member

Jan 10, 2008
    Charger 22 stated "I know it has issues with the LCP as well. The whole cartridge ends up being to large I think." So far I have fired over 1000 rounds of CCI Blazer in a LCP with no FTF, hangups of any kind or any other issues. Granted some folks did have problems with some ammo being too long in the beginning, but that got fixed quickly.

6. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    I have had no problems with it so far, but have not shot a whole lot of it.

7. Bobo

Bobo Well-Known Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    I have been using it for range fodder in my P-3AT for over two years now -- never had a problem.

Bobo

8. BIG_BEAR

BIG_BEAR New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    Thanks for all the input. When my slide comes back I'll give it a try. :cool:

9. diamond_jim

diamond_jim New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Haven't had any 380 practice ammo for 5 mo. picked up 2 boxes of Blazers (limited to 2) and the first 5 mags shot perfect, next 2 mags (fail to feed) every 2nd or 3rd rd. Smileys on every ftfeed. Won't be using the other box. First problems with this 3at ever, and over 700 rds. Jim <><

10. roll_tide_daniel

roll_tide_daniel New Member

May 25, 2009
    just picked up a box of it this weekend. Shot 4 mags without any problems... 2 in a Gen 1 and 2 in a Gen 2.

11. Boggs51

Boggs51 New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    I've had some problems with it, however, no problem...only use it for range practice. Every now and then I can find it at Walmart really cheap.

For carry, I use Corbon DPX. The "boys" at Corbon told me that they used the Kel-Tec 380 as the test gun for developing the 380 DPX round.

VERY EXPENSIVE, but hopefully you will never have to use it for self-defense!

12. oak1971

oak1971 New Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Have not used Blazer Aluminum in a p3at. I have had problems with other guns using it. The powder is filthy and nasty.