Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
well yea you can't transport stuff like that loaded for sure. Its range/competition only. You would absolutely have to respect it 100% instead of 90%. Most guns do have a margin of error for small mistakes, something like that would not. Your scenario makes sense, but its on par with hauling a loaded rifle up a tree to hunt. With a similar result.
He didn't say the gun was loaded while being transported, just that as a result of the accident someone else (an heir)would have possession of a dangerous gun w/o proper instruction.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
He didn't say the gun was loaded while being transported, just that as a result of the accident someone else (an heir)would have possession of a dangerous gun w/o proper instruction.

Any gun is a dangerous gun without proper instruction.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
I Misread that, thought he was saying it would go off from the wreck. I see ... its a valid point, kinda like leaving behind a bunch of 38s loaded for 357, etc.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yeah, and water will kill you if you breath enough of it.

Risks vs. Rewards

That's all.

Lop

Water will kill you if you drink enough of it. The way you're supposed to use it, it can kill you. What were we talking about again?

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
Ok, my spelling is better than my math. But if "a Boolean data type is a data type with only two possible values: true or false" how is that not binary?

lop

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
If you shoot a binary explosive with an AR-15 equipped with a binary trigger, does it create two explosions? :D

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Ok, my spelling is better than my math. But if "a Boolean data type is a data type with only two possible values: true or false" how is that not binary?

lop
Is this a joke? There's a bit of silliness above so I can't tell!

Boolean variables are binary, absolutely, if you were really asking.

Jargon alert!

Typically "binary" in computer nerd lingo is used differently, and Boolean is used for true/false /logical lingo. That is because binary often means some of the following
- ones and zeros, eg 0110 is 6
- an executable file, because unix people are confused.
- anything not text, even though text is a subset of binary, because unix people are confused
- Booleans/logic, as you noted
- "serialized" data (converted to binary to be able to be sent over a network of some sort)

to name a few uses of the term.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Kel Tec Sub 2000 is a home defense weapon. Its also fun to shoot at the range but it is self defense, not hunting. In these times with all the riots, the binary trigger would be used for "final protective fire" when the morons are storming your house.

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
Ummm ... since when does anyone offer a binary trigger for a KT Sub2000? :confused:

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
I never had any problem pulling the trigger on my S2K quickly enough that the neighbors thought we were shooting a "machine gun". :confused: :rolleyes:

I maybe a little slow, how is this thing legal? One pull of the trigger & 2 shots, one pull & one release looks like a mighty small loophole.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts