Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Legal double taps, that would be fun at the range but I don't think it would be pratical for every day use.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I seen on the military arms channel on you tube yesterday and he was showing how it works. I think it's pretty neat,not something I'd spend $400 on but very interesting.

·
Registered
596 Posts
shot gunners have something similar called a release trigger. you hold trigger back and it then fires on release. a shotgun shooter at our club blew off part of his big toe when he forgot he had only taken one shot at a double and rested the muzzle on his shoe (seems to be another unsafe practice among some shotgunners).

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
I always thought release triggers sounded like a good accuracy-enhancing device for benchrest rifles. Maybe benchrest rifles already use these - I wouldn't know - but it sounds like a good idea to me. A good idea for accuracy, maybe not so much for safety.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Oh god that sounds horrible! (The blowing off of one's toe) Why would someone rest the barrel of a gun on their foot?!? Stupid stupid stupid

·
Registered
861 Posts
Yes yes yes , but lots of skeet shooters do it . They buy a leather dodad with a cup so it doesn't slip off the toe of their shoe.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
I am all about touch-bang on a competition firearm. I like a little more resistance on my carry pistol.

Lightest trigger I have experienced was a pro airgun shooter's rig. It was about like touching a cell phone screen to click, not kidding. I shot it by accident like 3 times before I adjusted, it had to have been like 1/4 pound.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Oh look, a faux toe

Hey, reminds me of a guy I knew that cut his thumb off in a lawnmower, and they replaced it with one of his toes. The girls thought it was creepy, you know...."let me run my toes through your hair" sorry, I didn't have a photoe to include.
Hey, what was the topic?
Oh yeah, I think binary triggers are great, but maybe a wee bit dangerous for those normally accustomed to pulling the trigger.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey, reminds me of a guy I knew that cut his thumb off in a lawnmower, and they replaced it with one of his toes. The girls thought it was creepy, you know...."let me run my toes through your hair" sorry, I didn't have a photoe to include.
Hey, what was the topic?
Oh yeah, I think binary triggers are great, but maybe a wee bit dangerous for those normally accustomed to pulling the trigger.

That's almost every gun owner. Lol

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I have a Remington rolling block action that has a aftermarket return spring in it. The trigger pull measures about 0.9 lbs. That is scary even in a single shot. It will be increased just a little if I ever build a rifle with that action. A guy was complaining at the local gun shop this week that his high dollar trigger has a little creep when set to 9 oz............. That's right.......... 9oz. How can he tell??????????????

Steve

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
A guy was complaining at the local gun shop this week that his high dollar trigger has a little creep when set to 9 oz............. That's right.......... 9oz. How can he tell??????????????

Steve
The trigger is not the only thing that is creepy. :eek:

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
how is it dangerous? Gun is pointed in a safe direction at a target you want to destroy before you touched the trigger, right?

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
Really? How?

Ok, you have this nifty gun that shoots differently than 99.9999% of the guns out there. All is well. Then you get T-boned in an intersection on the way to the grocery store. Your heirs now have your guns. They know the 4 rules. They don't know the gun is going to shoot again when they go to set it down.

Likely? No. Possible? Yes. Worth the risk? No, to me. They say the problem with writing fiction is that you have to make it make sense. In real life, you aren't so hindered.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
well yea you can't transport stuff like that loaded for sure. Its range/competition only. You would absolutely have to respect it 100% instead of 90%. Most guns do have a margin of error for small mistakes, something like that would not. Your scenario makes sense, but its on par with hauling a loaded rifle up a tree to hunt. With a similar result.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts