Bill White Trigger Stop photo?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Old_Bill, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Old_Bill

Old_Bill New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    I bought a P-3AT last week and have been reading everything I can find about the little pistol.

Can anyone point me in the right direction so I could see a photo showing a Bill White pistol trigger modification?

Thanks.

Old Bill

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005

3. Old_Bill

Old_Bill New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Thank you very much! With my limited one-working-cell brain...a photo is a great help! ::)

Old Bill

4. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    I would have a problem with the use of such, especially as described to allow "prestaging"

The P3ATs "safety" is the long trigger pull. I would not want to get into the habit of partially pulling the trigger, then holding.
    that would be acceptable with a hunting or target situation, but in a stressfull situation, it could lead to a ND

Also somehow prestage related to self defense sounds too much like premeditated ;)

5. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Active Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Prestaging has another disadvantage. A trigger stop that is too thick - i.e., one that would allow prestaging - makes for a much heavier trigger pull. I installed my first White trigger stop that way by mistake. It was just a bit too thick, and I discovered that I could prestage the trigger and do final aiming. But I also discovered that my trigger finger was getting very tired. To release the hammer I was having to compress the trigger stop. My swag estimate of trigger pull was over 10 pounds.

So, out came the Dremel and I trimmed down the stop till the trigger break was just in front of it. There is zero travel after the break, the trigger is much lighter, and my groups tightened up substantially - especially when doing rapid fire practice. Rapid fire with the poorly adjusted stop was essentially impossible, BTW.

6. Old_Bill

Old_Bill New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    How did you adjust the thickness of the trigger stop without dry firing the pistol?

Old Bill

7. pedro

pedro New Member

May 28, 2008
    How did you adjust the thickness of the trigger stop without dry firing the pistol?

Old Bill
    [/quote]

Snap caps would be my guess.

[​IMG]

8. Checker4Tix

Aug 6, 2007
    Yup! Used snap caps - Azooms, in particular.

Once I got the stop worked down to where I wanted it, I used an emory board to smooth it out a bit.

9. RAT76

RAT76 Active Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Oklahoma
    JFB, you point out something that's been on my mind lately.

On this forum we have both kinds of folks. Those that use their KTs for range use & those that only use them for self defense.

Sometimes we lose sight of this. To toss out an example and remember this is ONLY my opinion, not to be generalized or taken as gospel;

2PPs LHS/Inertial firing pin modification. An excellent piece of engineering. If I were using my P11/40 for range duty or target work I'd be all over that mod. As I only use the gun for carry purposes I leave it stock & in fact sometimes have thought about going to the 10 pound spring from the 8.5.

This is NOT to say the LHS is not suited for carry work. Just that I am most comfortable with the heavy trigger since I carry IWB without a holster. A choice I made with full consideration of the factors involved. It works for me but I don't & won't encourage it it others.

Like I said JMO & a bit of rambling free association.

10. Checker4Tix

Aug 6, 2007
    RAT76 - I hear you, and share your concerns about modding carry guns. However, I am comfortable with the LHS/IFP mods on my P11 because:

1) I shoot better with the mods - i.e., safer for bystanders
    2) Increased drop safety - safer overall

I'm personally comfortable with mods that make my guns safer from some perspective, including increasing my ability to shoot accurately. YMMV.