Bill of sale

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by lop, Jan 15, 2009.

1. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008
    Anyone have a generic bill of sale for a firearm? I'm not sure if this is the place to ask, but it had to go some where. I searched for "bill of sale" and found nought. If we don't have one on tap, I'll make one and post it.

2. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2007
    I made one up that I use to cover my own butt when I sale a gun. PM me with your email address and I'll send you a copy.

3. Rubb

Rubb Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Where did my post go???
    Did you get my PM lop?

4. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008
    Receipt For The Sale of a Firearm

Seller: ___________________________

Signature: ____________________________
    (Seller)

Purchaser: _______________________________
    (Print Full Legal Name)

Signature: _______________________________
    (Purchaser)

Date of Sale: _______________________

Model: ____________________________

Serial Number: _____________________

Certification: By signing this receipt, the purchaser agrees to use the firearm indicated above in a safe and lawful manner, and releases the seller from all blame regarding any and all future injuries, and any incidental and consequential damages resulting from the use of this firearm. The purchaser further certifies that he/she is at least 21 years of age, is not a convicted felon, that he/she is not suffering from any mental defect, and that he/she is in no way otherwise prohibited by law from purchasing and possessing a firearm.

Age and identity verified? (Yes)____________ (No)______________
    Driver’s License # and State: __________________________________
    Birthdate:___________________________________________________

5. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008
    Rubb, yes I did. I kinda stumbled on it, but yes, I got it. I looked at the site, but not signed on yet.

Checker, thanks for the file. I just did a cut and paste from your document into the Message field and that worked. I don't know if you can print a comment, but someone can cut it and paste onto thier own word processor. I've done that before with info on this site. I pulled the "price" part of your form. I don't think it is anyone's business what kind of deal you got, just that you transfered ownership to both parties satisfaction. If I recall, bills o' sale on cars don't have numbers on them. I know the title does not. Again, thanks guys.
    Maybe we should / could post this somewhere so it can be gotten to by others as needed?

6. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2007
    I'm glad that bill of sale template is working for you. To each his own on tracking sales price, I suppose. I keep track of everything.

Have a good weekend!