Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
If it weren't for the price of ammo (be it Long, H&R mag, or Fed mag) compared to. 38/.357, I'd have to order a few of those. 32 revolvers for the women folk, just 'cause.
:)

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
I get their e-mails and those seem to be the prices when ever they have Taurus guns in the ad. They are great prices and every time I see them i start to think about one.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Dang ... if I had a spare $200 or so laying around, I'd be willing to give that PT732 a try. Not a bad price for a pocket-sized stainless .32 ACP, as long as it's reliable enough.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I keep seeing their .327 Mag 3" stainless guns with pink Hogues and think of a gun for the wife. Although full house .327 is much more snappy than .38 Special, just a shade below .357.

I don't even see a .327 Mag on the Taurus website, is this a dead round already?

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
I'm eyeing the PT145 .45 one and also that 9 shot 22lr revolver.
the 94 is really nice, once you polish the action, it is very rough out of the box. Wife got the 8 shot mag version of it, and then realized the LR would pay for itself in ammo savings for "practice" so of course she needed that too. I think she tricked me.

·
Registered
233 Posts
That is where I got my PF9 from. Great guys on the phone and great service. If they have the gun you are looking you can bet they have the lowest price around.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Took out my new pt100 today and fired off 50 hydra shoks and 50 super nasty blackhills hollow points those things are basically +p or +p+ no failures of any kind and a sweeeeeet shooter. I am a little bummed that it doesn't take my beretta mags but that can be fixed. I love it though. And all that for $349 I'm all over it a beretta 96 a1 is about $650-$850 if I can find them and that was too rich for my blood.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Just got my latest CDNN catalog in the mail today. Saw that they have P11's in hard chrome for $229. Had to almost physically restrain myself from diverting a bunch of cash from my "oh crap" savings stash and splurging on ordering one to replace (or accompany?) my good ol' blued and VHT-coated P11. Why couldn't they have had this darned sale like a month or two ago when I actually had some extra money to burn and I was shopping for a new carry piece? :mad:

·
Registered
152 Posts
I get CDNN's e-mail specials too (as well as their sales mailer)

I've given some thought on several occasions of buying one of their 357mag snubbies.
Snubbie revolvers are like chocolate eclairs to me..i just love 'em..:D

I'm also always drawn to that pimp'd bling black w/gold controls PT1911 for $399....seems to be on sale regularly and often
Yea, I'll admit I dig that pimp-daddy look on some pistols .....:cool:

if it was 9 or 45 for that price instead of 38 super, I'd of already bought it;)

Just got my latest CDNN catalog in the mail today. Saw that they have P11's in hard chrome for $229. Had to almost physically restrain myself from diverting a bunch of cash from my "oh crap" savings stash and splurging
That was the very one I thinking most about too when i got the ad the other day.
I decided to hold off for a minute.

However, as far as the gun fund, maybe what I do to help ease the "out of wallet" burden might help you too??

I don't pay for anything with change .
what I mean is, If it costs 2 dollars and 13 cents, I hand the cashier 3 bukz

look at this

i toss the pennies in their own jar and the other gets noting but silver.
That's just a few months for me in that can
I'd "guess' there's close to a hundred bukz or more there .

..L.T.A.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I keep seeing their .327 Mag 3" stainless guns with pink Hogues and think of a gun for the wife. Although full house .327 is much more snappy than .38 Special, just a shade below .357.

I don't even see a .327 Mag on the Taurus website, is this a dead round already?
Been wondering this myself as I have been looking at one of those for the wife but everyone seems to be telling me to stay away from that caliber but nobody says why?

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Been wondering this myself as I have been looking at one of those for the wife but everyone seems to be telling me to stay away from that caliber but nobody says why?
I cited my own reason early in this thread -- ammo cost.

If you don't plan to shoot it much, or if you reload for it, it probably wouldn't be that big of a deal. I buy all of my ammo in bulk and stockpile as if it will never be available again, so it's a deal breaker for me. In general, .357/.38SPL are much cheaper in bulk, available in more different loadings, and simply more versatile.

The only real advantage this caliber has over 38/357 is that it puts similar ballistics in a package small enough to allow 6 rounds in the same size frame that would only accommodate 5 rounds of 38/357, and the backward compatibility with .32H&R mag and .32 Long is a nice touch IMO.

I predict that .327 Fed Mag will be about as popular in two years as .45GAP is today -- still available if you look, but not widely used nor liked. JMHO, and I certainly could be wrong.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks Hardshell I must have missed your first reply. I see what you mean. I guess for the small price difference of what a .38/.357 could be had it does make more sense.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I've been really thinking about that 327, been showing it to the wife and saying "it would be good for you" so far it ain't working.

I had a new england relvolver in 32 mag, kind'a like the little round. Think after the 327 ammo got hard to find the taurus would make a good platform of the 32 H&R mag.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts