Big accuracy Problem

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by eric55, Aug 13, 2009.

1. eric55

eric55 New Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Hi guys i'm an experienced shooter with mostly glocks, i got the p3at a few months back i could barley get any shots on the paper at 7-10 yards, i didnt get discouraged at first understanding i had to get used to the trigger and size. but now its months later 300rds later forget about a group of any kind or a head shot at 7 yards, i'll get 3 or 4 rds of the 6 on the paper. my question is obvious what the hell is up? i tried everything i tried staging the trigger and not staging, i spent many hundreds of times just dry firing in my home. do i have a defective gun? your help would be greatly appreciated i'm about to toss it

2. lee4019

lee4019 New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Have you tried shooting from a rest, where you only worry about tigger pull, sight picture and grip. I also painted my sights which made the sight picture easier to see. I'm sure somebody will come along with some better suggestions so don't toss it yet.

3. vn6869

vn6869 New Member

Jul 31, 2009
    +1 on shooting from a rest.

With the llloooonnnnggg trigger pull, particularly if you shoot other guns, it can be difficult to adjust off-hand.

4. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    Try these targets...they work.

Rick

For righties:

[​IMG]

For lefties:

[​IMG]

5. tx-rvr

tx-rvr Active Member

Dec 21, 2004
    Abilene Texas
    try using the tip of your finger. the long trigger pull will move the gun around if you use the first joint or farther back on the finger. ::) ::) ::)

Steve

6. eric55

eric55 New Member

Mar 13, 2009
    thanks guys i'll try all of your advice, sad thing is i only have 50rds left

7. dacbeth

dacbeth New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Try a crimson trace laser which will let you know where you are aiming vs hitting. Works well!

8. abuck50

abuck50 New Member

Aug 21, 2008
    NW Ohio
    I like to dry fire my P3AT with snap caps and the Crimson Trace laser. This practice really helped a lot!

Craig

9. eric55

eric55 New Member

Mar 13, 2009
    well i'm happy to say i did a complete fluff and buff i got a crimson trace and dry fired for a week i took it to the range and i was spot on now i love this gun. i also wrapped the grip with hocky stick tape (the cloth tape) and it take away the bite so i can shoot 50rds and still have my hand. thanks guys for your help

10. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    What you shootin'? Mine is as gentle as kitten with factory loads. The only time I've had trouble with the recoil was due to some really hot handloads I cooked up to see if the added velocity would negatively affect my accuracy.

11. abuck50

abuck50 New Member

Aug 21, 2008
    NW Ohio
    I am glad to see you are on target now! Like I posted before, dry firing with the laser, really solved my problem with trigger control. It might be a pricey fix, but I feel my life is worth it!

Have a great day
    Craig