Better choice - P-32 or P3-AT ???

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by texanandproud, Nov 29, 2007.

1. texanandproud

texanandproud New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Hi All

I made the mistake of making this point in the P-32 room and literally NO ONE Agreed with me!
    So I thought I'd bring up the same point here and see if I get anyone to agree with me.

The point I made was that my wife wanted her own Kel-tec and is going to take the concealed carry class
    with me here in Texas. I am a brand new owner of a P3-AT aqnd love it! Her only criteria is that she wanted
    the smallest (physical sized) pistol I could find for her (for her purse) and I suggested the P-32 which she bought and loves.

BUT - after receiving her P-32 in the mail a few days ago I was suprized to see that when held up to my P3-AT
    it appears to be the EXACT same size. She even said - "Why did you suggest this one when it's no smaller than yours?

And to tell you the truth that is exactly what I'm asking. Choosing the P-32 over the P3-AT makes little sense to me
    as a concealed weapon for self defense. In fact I see little advantage whatsoever.

Does anyone here agree with me at all? My point was that if someone held out a P3-AT in one hand and a P-32 in
    the other and said please have one free! I see little reason whatsoever to choose the weaker P-32.

She is keeping her little 32 but does anyone here see my point. Everyone in the P-32 room brought up accuracy, recoil,
    and a host of other reasons for the P-32 being a better choice - Now that I see they are almost exactly the same size
    to me choosing the P3-AT is a no-brainer!

Thanks
    Melvin

2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Melvin - welcome to you and your wife. This question is oft-asked and can be found even in fairly recent threads in both sections. But you already have both so does agreeing with you that the P3AT should be the only make you feel better or worse? Since I am not sure I will say that there are reasons that some like the P32 better and reasons that some people would totally agree with you....

Scott (who is really sore sitting on the fence like this...)

3. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    The P3AT with the mighty .380ACP bullets is a far superiour pistol than the P32 with the annemic 32ACP :p

BTW....most members look at the other boards and a lot have several of each model.

OH, I see in these thread you HAD a P3AT before you got her P32.  If she didn't like shooting your P3AT, but does her P32, what does she think the differance is.  For me I can't really tell any differance in recoil, however until i got the P3AT tweeked, it would limp wrist with me if I didn't have a good grip

4. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    And some of us own more than 1  model (and more than 1 of each of those )  ;)
    I think ya need to leave it to her if she likes it. If my wife liked the P3AT I'd give her my other one but she likes the P32 and shoots very well with it. Let your wife try your P3AT and if she likes it get her one.

5. Plex

Plex New Member

Feb 23, 2005
    The 32 is better for those who might be recoil sensitive, or prone to limp-wristing the .380.

Some have had rimlock problems with the .32.

Both rounds might be considered weak for self defense.

I regularly carry a P3AT because it is so darned easy and just about disappears in my pocket. It is in my left front pocket right now, but a .45 is on my belt.

I owned a .32 but sold it; just liked the .380 more.

Both can be fine weapons.

--Plex

6. Doc_Mark

Doc_Mark New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Evening, Gents,

To me, this is sage and wise advice. Let her shoot both, and she will then tell you which she prefers. It's most important that she's comfortable with her choice, and not scared, or worried, or recoil sensitive. So, if she likes her little .32, then by all means, she should keep carrying it, and be happy with it. With practice, she will comfortably put the bullets where she wants them to go. If she prefers the .380, then, as has been suggested, get her one. Best course of action, me thinks! ;) :) Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc Mark

7. tommy51s

tommy51s New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Kansas City
    You have both. Please tell us which she prefers to shoot (and how much), once she gets a chance to try both of them.

8. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Oct 28, 2005
    There's ups and downs to both. The .380 is already a weaker cartridge than I like, but the 32 has a slide lock, and then the 32 also seems to have a better chance of being trouble free out of the box, but the 32 can have rimlock, etc. Try 'em both and see what you like best.

9. JusTom

JusTom New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    JMHO; I've carried a P-32 for a few years but hadn't shot it much. Yesterday I took my P-32 and my new P3AT to the range and experienced rim lock on my P-32. Now this was on the clip that had been loaded for who knows how long, glad I didn't need it in an emergency.

I just wish that my P3AT had the same sights as my P-32. As small as they are the sights on the P-32 are easier to see at the indoor range.

I know now that I'll have to practice more with the P3AT because it's a definite point and shoot gun.

10. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    FMJ's or HP's, which brand? wire?

11. JusTom

JusTom New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Not sure if they were Hyrdoshock or Gold Dot HP. After I reloaded the clip I didn't experience it again. I just posted a range report.

12. lloveless

lloveless New Member

Oct 17, 2004
    texanandproud,
    My son has a 3AT, has had several problems with it, like losing the spring out the front etc. KT fixed it. I have a p-32 because 3AT's weren't being made or thought of yet. I have shot both and like the lock back feature of the p32. I am confident that if I ever need to use it I'll be able to hit what I'm aiming at. I see no need to rush out and buy another gun.
    lloveless