Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
I'm not sure what's available now, but for years the "standard" preferred VFG was the Magpul.
It spreads the clamping force over a wider area, and the quality is top of the line.
It has two bolts to attach it and I've never heard any problems with the Magpul.

Adding a bottom rail to the original rail may or may not help. Kel-Tec beefed up the forearm in the rail area to prevent breaking it off, and it's uncertain how much if, any the add-on rail offers in strength.....probably can't hurt.

If you look at the photos of the early KSG's with the VFG broken off, you'll notice that they appear to be broken off SIDEWAYS, not from the front.
This indicates to me that the owner used the VFG as a handle while attempting to unscrew the muzzle nut and just twisted it off.

It comes down to whether you want to spend the money for the add-on rail, but as far as I know you can't go wrong with a Magpul VFG.

HiTech sells some very good lower rails for the KSG. These are probably as good as anything on the market..........

·
Registered
146 Posts
I went with the Hi-Tech aluminum VFG and lower rail. It adds more weight, which I would rather have not done, but the strength of the parts is better than polymer.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

Air gun Machine gun Trigger Gun barrel Shotgun

1 - 7 of 7 Posts