Featured Best tactical/practical location for light

Discussion in 'KSG Bullpup Shotgun' started by Grizzly Adam, Sep 14, 2020 at 2:09 PM.

1. glue_ru

glue_ru Member

Sunday
    I like the TLR-8. Seems like a lot of the Olight, and others with heat sensor, go to low lumen's pretty quick, is that common on all and the TLR-8?

2. MinistryofTruth

MinistryofTruth Member

Sunday
    Anyone have experience with the WML and an offset mount on their KSG? If so, what offset mount did you use?

3. Susie Q

Susie Q Active Member

Sep 29, 2019
    I bought this one to try. Seems solid. Works well with my Inforce WML. I may use it and take off the Midwest Industries mount/hand stop, if I can find another hand stop I like.

Got it on Amazon: Lion Gears Low Profile Tactical Picatinny/Weaver 90 Degree Angle Pro Mount, 2.16" Long with 5 Slots

[​IMG][​IMG]

MinistryofTruth likes this.
  4. MinistryofTruth

MinistryofTruth Member

Sunday
    @SuzieQ, thanks for the pic!

Susie Q likes this.
  5. Susie Q

Susie Q Active Member

Sep 29, 2019
    Current plan A and B.

Leaning toward B - the Kriss hand stop is smaller and the taclight seems more exposed to damage in this position, but the light is blocked much less, I can still thumb the rear switch easily, and the MI mount/hand stop accentuates the forend wiggle, which offsets my love of its large hand stop.

In the B configuration I may leave the Inforce selector switch in the on/off/strobe position rather than the momentary on position. Manipulating the selector switch this far forward put my hand too close to the muzzle. I can always press the thumb button on/off quickly to confirm a threat. Prefer not to move the taclight back further.[​IMG][​IMG]

6. Susie Q

Susie Q Active Member

Sep 29, 2019
  7. glue_ru

glue_ru Member

Sunday
    up front is nice with no shadowing effects. I see its vulnerable in a way too.
    How about right under the barrel in front the forward grip? Less interference to the sight picture there.

8. Susie Q

Susie Q Active Member

Sep 29, 2019
    You read my mind. I considered that today, but I'd have to move the RVG back and I like where its at. Plus, I can thumb the light better in its current location and want to keep the hand stop. I've been looking for an even bigger hand stop, no joy yet.

I want to do whatever I can to minimize the chance of my hand getting in front of that muzzle. I also have a choke adapter and the necessary tools to put it on, when I get around to it. Have to decide what I'm going to use; I have Rocksett, but am concerned I'll have trouble getting the adapter back off if I change my mind.

Edit: Hmm. Perhaps the taclight itself mounted on the lower pic rail would serve as a "hand stop."

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020 at 11:49 PM
  9. Drvoodoo

Drvoodoo Member

Sep 12, 2020
    Thanks for all the great info i Am waiting for my ksg will be here thursday .!!!!!

BJK likes this.
  10. BJK

BJK Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2017
    central Maine
    I like that right angle rail. I bought the HiTech version but it might be too much in the way. They don't cost much so I have one in my cart for the next time I check out on Amazon. I did play with the placement of what I think yours will give me and it might be better. I'll find out. Not exactly the same as yours since I have a KS7.

Susie Q likes this.
  11. glue_ru

glue_ru Member

Sunday
    Got the $25 version in, fit with a bit of work, stinking CR2 batteries are pricey, but i like it.
    As with so many of these, the ad and what you get aren't always the same, claims 600L on the Amazon page, but instruction sheet says 210L, it is bright.
    All the way back, only takes an easy click to turn on, have to cycle on/off to go back and forth between constant on and fast strobe. I'll play with it outside at night.
    I would prefer a rechargeable one, brighter.
    So for $25, I'm sold on the idea and will get a better one, and pass this on to a nephew to play with.
    Looks good. Easy to reposition, just press the lock lever and move it back and forth, snaps in place.

20200916_165543.png

12. NRA1953

NRA1953 Member

Wednesday
    Tennessee
    The hell with a light buy a good set of Night Vision googles with the head harness.

13. glue_ru

glue_ru Member

Sunday
    any recommendations on a NOD?

14. NRA1953

NRA1953 Member

Wednesday
    Tennessee
    No. But here's one at Amazon

SHANNISS Night Vision Goggle 8mm Binoculars for Hunting PRO Tracker Water-Resistant Optics Near-Infrared Illuminator for Wildlife Viewing, Surveillance

Rule of thumb. When you see a light aim 2 ft behind it.

15. Susie Q

Susie Q Active Member

Sep 29, 2019
    Unless it's a flashlight held to the side.

16. glue_ru

glue_ru Member

Sunday
    "SHANNISS Night Vision Goggle." expensive gear, and bright on your pupils. I don't know, good for searching, I prefer to preserve my night vision, be patient in the shadows and wait for them. Not talking an active home invasion here, talking in general SHTF, surviving in the hood. Hide in the day, hunt at night

17. Susie Q

Susie Q Active Member

Sep 29, 2019
    I'm with you. They have their place, but I never liked NVD's.

18. glue_ru

glue_ru Member

Sunday
    Went outside, dark, and tried that $25 one, it is bright, lite up the whole backyard, the strobe has a fast frequency as well. I don't like cycling it on/off for constant and strobe though, prefer strobe all the time. Easy enough to solve, just cycle it ahead of time so next 'on' is strobe.

19. NRA1953

NRA1953 Member

Wednesday
    Tennessee
    Makes using your shotgun tough

20. Susie Q

Susie Q Active Member

Sep 29, 2019
    How do you know I'm not using my P320-M17 with 22 rounds?