Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I highly recommend Rust-Oleum white (used to touch up appliances) sold in small .45 oz. bottles at Wal-Mart and other stores.  It's thick, doesn't require a second coat, no shaking or mixing, and holds up extremely well to solvents, oil, etc.  You just have to make sure you let it dry for 24-hours after applying.

I have tried all the other stuff - Testors, Brite-Sight, White-Out, car touch-up paint, etc. etc.  IMHO the Rust-Oleum  is the best.

·
Registered
8,991 Posts
I use a white gel pen. Swiped it from my wife's drawing supplies. It's a roller ball type pen with white ink/paint. It does come off with solvents but is really easy to touch back up.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had white on my sights until I used 2Pistol Packer's flurescent red/green sights. WOW what a difference against a white target. It makes a huge difference in seeing the sight picture correctly. I got mine at WM.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BUENHEC said:
I liked it. I used the small bottle with built in brush.

Thanks
Definately the best I have found so far (Rustoleum).  I especially like it becasue it's thick and the more coats you add, the higher it raises the front sight for even better visibility.  Downside for those who seek instant gratification, is that you have to let it dry overnight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.