Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own the P11, P40 with P357 Sig barrel and just got to thinking about accessories for these now that both the P40/357 and P11 are "no more". I seem to have really bad luck with most of my firearms with after market magazines but magazines for these are getting pricier and pricier - and now almost unobtainable. Can any of you tell me if any other manufacturer after market mags work absolutely the best in these KelTec classic pistols? I know I can get springs and so forth, and I have Northwoods triggers in both, but it's the magazines, parts, sights for in the future that I'm worried about. I've never got the S&W mags and some others to work reliably. Is there a current source that I'm unaware of for factory mags? Or, again, any of you REALLY confident with your favorite brand of after market mags? I'd appreciate any discussion on this plus other accessories and upgrades that you have been super thrilled with. I love this Triumvirate and want to make sure they will be well taken care of with plenty of extras for my grandsons! Thanks for any upgrade suggestions.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Mecgar S&W 59 series 15 round mags have been perfect in my P11. When I carry it I carry the Mecgar mag as a spare. I haven't had my P40 that long so I haven't looked for extended capacity aftermarket mags for it yet.

·
Registered
6,873 Posts
MecGar made the factory 10- and 12-round mags for the P11 and, last I checked, they're still available. They also make 15-round mags for the S&W Series 59 pistols, which poke right into the P11 and work great, and I've had no problems with them in the past with my previous P11's (with the Kel-Tec adapter sleeve).

Beyond that ... dunno. Stay away from ProMag at all costs - absolute GARBAGE magazines. (Some of their other random things are actually okay, like 1911 magwells/grip panels and their Mossberg enhanced safety levers, but beyond that ... bleh. Their mags are crap.)

·
Registered
561 Posts
I did this video about the mags a couple of years ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts