Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I'm converting my S&W subbie to a Beretta version because I have a bunch of Beretta preban mags, and my shooting buddy has a Beretta sub 2k as well.. figured might as well keep it simple.

Kel Tec was nice enough to send me the Sig Mag button, as well as the Beretta mag button free of charge. However they both have subtle S&W markings on them on the inside, AND one of them looks exactly the same as the S&W button I already have in my sub. Therefore, I am assuming they sent me one S&W, which I obviously don't need, and the other one is EITHER the Sig or the Beretta, but I won't know until I take everything apart to install it. They very well may have not sent me the Beretta one at all. Anyone have a pic of the inside of the Beretta Mag release, so I can determine if they even sent it before I attempt to change it?
Does the whole rifle have to be disassembled to change this piece?

Lain

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
Does the whole rifle have to be disassembled to change this piece?

Lain
No. I can't help you with a picture of the Beretta catch, but this link from the FAQ can help you with the swap.

http://www.thektog.org/forum/showthread.php?t=232346

It is my understanding that the base plate for all 3 non-Glock mag catches is identical. The catches themselves are screwed to the base plate, and they are all just slightly different in the actual catch location. So you might set the 2 you received side by side and see if the catches are slightly different in their actual location in relation to each other on the plate.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankyou! That worked.. it was easy! Unfortunately, they did send me a duplicate S&W catch, along with what I believe to be the Sig one, as I installed them both and the S&W dupe worked fine with S&W, and the other one didn't work with Beretta mags..when what I need is Beretta..what a PITA.. I had to wait two weeks to get these catches which were the wrong ones.. guess I will have to wait again. Can't anyone do anything right the first time? :/
Thanks for your help :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts