beretta hod mod

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by bob, Oct 22, 2007.

1. bob

bob New Member

Mar 19, 2007
    I am a working class guy.Berettas our out of my range.When a 9000s came up cheap new I jumped at it..It shot flawlessly.However when practicing clearing malfunctions unfired rounds did not eject.Low and behold it was the case hitting rim problem like my p3at.It was probably happening with fired rounds also but they did not get knocked off extractor the edge of the top round in mag was probably acting like an ejector.I sent it to Beretta twice for them to check it.THey even sent it back to me with the front site missing and could not fix.One procedure was adjusting extractor.Thats sounds like bs to me.How do you adj an extractor.So I got out the needle files and sandpaper and preformed the hood mod on it.Presto now if I get a dud round it will eject.My point being that some night when you are sitting around the campfire with the gun snobs telling you how great the big brand names are and how the kel tec types stink tell them about the "Beretta hood mod"before you punch them in the face(only kidding)

2. wyo-man

wyo-man New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Hope you replaced/repaired the front sight, too (that you mentioned didn't come back from the factory).

wyo-man

3. bob

bob New Member

Mar 19, 2007
    They repl the front site for me on the second trip.Its a dove tail and was sligtly loose but was in place when I first sent it in.It does amaze me that they could miss something like that when sending it back. >:(

4. wyo-man

wyo-man New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    My guess would be that it would have been hard to miss (pun intended) if they had test fired it before being returned...............

I did have a rear sight fly off during an IPSC match once. :(

wyo-man