Belt Clip Removal?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by WhyNotFab, Nov 24, 2008.

1. WhyNotFab

WhyNotFab New Member

Nov 24, 2008
    FL
    The p3at that I bought today has a belt clip, but I plan on not using it. I was wondering if I can simply unscrew it, and either a) leave the screw out, or b) put the screw back in without the clip so that it is easily re-installed if I were to change my mind later, rather than tapping the new pin out and putting the original pin in place.

Any help is appreciated!

2. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    You can just put the screw back...doesn't seem to hurt anything, I've done it with my P3AT.

Rick

3. WhyNotFab

WhyNotFab New Member

Nov 24, 2008
    FL
    Thanks for the quick reply! The clip sort of dug into my thumb knuckle area anyway haha.

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    If for some reason the screws bother you, call KT and get some free plastic frame pins. They just knock in and are what comes with the gun in the orginal configuration.

5. diamond_jim

diamond_jim New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    I took my clip off and put the screw back in with a little loctite, and it's been like that for about 2 yrs, no problem, I do check it when I clean it, but then I check all the pins. Jim <><

6. ElBoricua

ElBoricua New Member

Sep 25, 2008
    I leave the screw because i often remove the clip and put it back on depending how i want to carry it.

7. WhyNotFab

WhyNotFab New Member

Nov 24, 2008
    FL
    I have the original pin in a little bag also, but for now I may leave the screw in case I change my mind. I like the clip, but I won't be carrying the gun on me for a while. Thanks guys!