Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a used P-3AT second generation.  I field stripped the gun and did a little fluff & buff work on it, and cleaned it up well.  I was able to remove the extractor and firing pin and spring and clean those up as well.

What I cannot seem to figure out is the proper size hex to use to remove the belt clip.  I want to remove it so that I can rebend it to make it tight again.  I may decide to remove it altogether if it won't fit into a pocket holster with the clip on.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Welcome to KTOG.

I found the clip I got with mine (still in the bag). There was an allen "L" with it that I poked through the plastic and measured to be 0.062" across the flats. Thus it should be a 1/16". I think a 1.5mm would be slightly less like 0.059" across the flats and KT seems to be imperial

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Yea, I forgot to mention, the franken bolt is really a 5/64" allen key (0.078[sup]1[/sup]"), BUT a 2mm allen key fits better (0.078[sup]7[/sup]")

·
Registered
37 Posts
When I first looked at it I thought it was a torx but a closer look with my glasses on proved to be an allen and 2 mm is the perfect fit. One tun out, one drop of loc-tite blue and one good turn in and that's it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.