belt clip hex size???

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by wilderness_wandere, Aug 17, 2008.

1. wilderness_wandere

wilderness_wandere New Member

Aug 13, 2008
    I just purchased a used P-3AT second generation.  I field stripped the gun and did a little fluff & buff work on it, and cleaned it up well.  I was able to remove the extractor and firing pin and spring and clean those up as well.

What I cannot seem to figure out is the proper size hex to use to remove the belt clip.  I want to remove it so that I can rebend it to make it tight again.  I may decide to remove it altogether if it won't fit into a pocket holster with the clip on.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Welcome to KTOG.

I found the clip I got with mine (still in the bag). There was an allen "L" with it that I poked through the plastic and measured to be 0.062" across the flats. Thus it should be a 1/16". I think a 1.5mm would be slightly less like 0.059" across the flats and KT seems to be imperial

3. wilderness_wandere

Aug 13, 2008
    Thanks!  I tried a 1.5mm and it was a little too small.  I'm pretty sure I had a metric (2mm?) which fit the "frankenbolt" perfectly.  I'll have to track down a 1/16.

4. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Yea, I forgot to mention, the franken bolt is really a 5/64" allen key (0.078[sup]1[/sup]"), BUT a 2mm allen key fits better (0.078[sup]7[/sup]")

5. wilderness_wandere

Aug 13, 2008
    Aha, that explains why I became convinced the Kel-Tec fasteners were metric.  The 2mm seemed to work perfectly on the franken bolt.  Thanks for the quick reply, this forum seems to be an awesome resource.

6. mopac

mopac New Member

Dec 28, 2005
    When I first looked at it I thought it was a torx but a closer look with my glasses on proved to be an allen and 2 mm is the perfect fit. One tun out, one drop of loc-tite blue and one good turn in and that's it.