Belly Gun Carry

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Cap, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Cap

Cap New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    Any of you,carry your piece tucked in the front of your pants,holstered or Belt Clip.Even without a safety does,nt seem to be that big of a deal.makes me think. Few senariois come to mind that would acctuate the long trigger pull.(No keys no nothing messing with the piece)Appreciate the feedback.

2. Doc_Mark

Doc_Mark Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Hey, Cap,

For me, accessing a very small pistol works best with pocket carry. I like the fact that, if I see a possibly troubling scenario begin to develop, I can stick my hand in my pocket, and have the pistol half-drawn, ready for action, without alarming anyone, and without having to pull my shirt up to access the gun. Most of the time, trouble never develops, and I can just slide the pistol back into it's holster, and not have given away the fact that I have it available. To me, carrying my BUG that way is comforting, comfortable, and perfect. I guess it's best to go with whatever works for you, and satisfies your needs in concealed carry. But, pocket carry works best for me, for such small pistols. FWIT. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc Mark

3. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    One of my most-oft used carry methods is similar to what you are asking: www.smartcarry.com

-Scott

4. Syndil

Syndil New Member

May 8, 2007
    I carry most of the time using the belt clip with the gun tucked in the front of my pants. Doesn't bother me at all, and I feel that my pants do a well enough job of keeping the trigger covered. In my case, I never stick my hands in my front pockets because it stretches them out. They are just for show IMO and should not actually be used. And perhaps it's my build or the type of clothes I wear, but even the little P32 would print too much in one of my front pockets.

5. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Always with your shirt untucked I assume?

-Scott

6. Syndil

Syndil New Member

May 8, 2007
    Yes. I usually wear sweaters or T-shirts. Honestly I have not come up with a decent way to carry when I have to tuck in my shirt yet, but it is rare when I have to do that so it hasn't been much of a priority. I have always thought the Mufti holster from Pale Horse Holsters would be the perfect solution, but from what I've read about it here it seems it is much larger than you might expect. Still would like to see one in person.

http://www.palehorseholsters.com/pocket.htm

7. Cap

Cap New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    I wear it in the front to the right slightly with my shirt tucked in. Not very noticible short of the belt clip,been carrying my pieces like this for many years.Thats what I liked about the accesory kel tech belt clip ,allows the gun to ride very low virtually out of sight. Also have a desantis waistband clip holster made out of suede enroute,just to have a little more security with the trigger.Granted I can,t get it out as quick ,or put my hand on it like a pocket carry.But thats what I,m used to.Been doing it for years can get it out quick enough..

8. SoonerPast

SoonerPast New Member

Aug 22, 2007
    The belt clip is my usual method, in a cross draw fashion. Just blouse your shirt a bit and the carry is quite concealed. When wearing dress slacks, even the P3at is too heavy and bounces around too much for my comfort. If entering a suspicious area, it isn't real difficult to remove the pistol and slide it in a pocket, the pistol is pretty well concealed in the palm of your hand.

9. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2007
    I bought a Galco IWB holster for my P3AT a few months ago. I think it is a USA model. It is a dandy and well made holster. My intention was to appendix carry using this holster. However, I had my appendix removed shortly after my 40th birthday. ;D

Seriously, I have some nerve damage in the area where my appendix surgery scar is and so I can't comfortably wear the Galco holster there. After I discovered the Desantis Nemesis for pocket carry the Galco has gotten no use.

For me, after buying, trying and selling a few holsters I have found my preferences to be:

P3AT (carried very frequently) - Pocket carry in my Nemesis
    G27, P11 (carried occasionally) - SmartCarry (mostly) or bellyband (sometimes)
    G23, G19 (carried rarely) - Galco Bellyband

10. Doc_Mark

Doc_Mark Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Hey, Checker4tix,

I, too, use a belly band, but mine were all made by Bianchi, back when they offered such a thing. I use mine for every day carry of my Colt Lightweight Officer's ACP, behind the hip, strong side, and they work very well for me. Too bad they are no longer available from Bianchi, though. I buy every NOS specimen I find, just to keep them around! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc Mark

P.S. What did that Galco IWB holster set you back? I may have to pick up one of those, too, for my P3AT, just for grins! ;) :)

11. Cap

Cap New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    Speaking of holsters I just got in a discontinued Desantis "Suede" waistband clip holster,75% off (about 6.00 before shipping) from new york iron works.It was made for the p-11 etc.but a little trimming and she,ll work great.Nice and low the way I like to carry.Very well made, beautiful little belly holster,beffy steel clip, not plastic..What a deal...