Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
All the tooling is probably paid for, and they are still selling at a good price. I would be surprised if they were. look at how long some of KT's firearms have been in production...

·
Registered
291 Posts
Personally, the two weapons fill two different purposes. The RFB is a heavy hitter in a small package, and it uses a slightly less popular caliber and mag. The RDB is a soft shooting PDW/Carbine that uses the most popular caliber and mag. You can use the RFB as a PDW, but... it's kinda heavy, and makes a BUTTLOAD of noise and recoil, comparatively speaking.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Thanks. That's what I was hoping for, rumors.

Now I'm having to decide between this and the RDB. Tough call. :)

Cat
Get an RFB.
This thread sheds some light on the RFB's future:
http://www.thektog.org/threads/continued-rfb-production.267254/
If the RDB could handle a cartridge with decent power, it would have been introduced along with the .223 .
Still hasn't.
Look around at how few bulpups [available] there are in non-pistol >30 caliber.
RFB's still in a class by itself after all these years. It will get much more expensive though:rolleyes:.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I don't see the RFB going anywhere any time soon as it's still a desired rifle by many and it's pretty nice being George's take on a "bullpup FN FAL" with some ergonomic and functional upgrades the tooling and dies have been well apid for...now if we could just get a new version of the old grendel bolt actions " grumble" heheh

·
Registered
18 Posts
It has been confirmed to me from a big name at a KelTec that the RDB will be converted and aavailable in a .308 version, this is 3+ years away however. And that doesn't necessarily mean the RFB will be discontinued but I assume it will.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
It has been confirmed to me from a big name at a KelTec that the RDB will be converted and aavailable in a .308 version, this is 3+ years away however. And that doesn't necessarily mean the RFB will be discontinued but I assume it will.
He-he. Nobody asks, why 3 whole YEARS?
When bolt guns come out, they come out in 8 different chamberings on day one.
Why not the RDB?
A single AR platform is available in .223, 300 BLK, 7.62x39, 9mm.
Why not .308 too? Why not 300 WIN-MAG? Why not 6.5 Creedmore? Or even .243?
Simple. Those are in a totally different category when it comes to the demands they place on a rifle.
They break stuff.
One day people will realize what a break-thru the RFB was all those years ago....
Feel free to list all of the 7.62 NATO bulpups available here:
RFB,

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well I can only retort with rather halfhearted jury rigged conversion kits for the M14 /"M1A" and the as of me typing this still vaporware desert tech MDR bullpup and possibly alteration of the AK 47 bullpup kits grafted onto a Saiga .308 which one can not purchase these days anyway.

And then there is the Russian "Saritch" 7.62 x51 bullpup which is the ultimate in vaporware as no one outside of the Kremlin knows if it even passed it's testing & evaluation by the Russian government ...Heck we don't even know if the darn thing was functional whatsoever ,or was just a REALLY nice mock up like the Magpul "Massaoud" .308.It certainly never saw production.

Even if the desert tech MDR was released in the next hour in enough quantities to be readily available the RFB would STILL be the only fully ambidextrous .308 bullpups ever made as the MDR is a side eject model and while they do have a unique brass deflector solution it's not as comfortable to a southpaw as it is to a right hand user as the RFB is in this moment.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.