been using a trigger shoe......

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by jerry-s., Apr 10, 2008.

1. jerry-s.

jerry-s. Guest

against some advise i installed a trigger shoe on my p3at.....i had already ordered it before the knowledge of it being slightly wider than the trigger guard.....

well anyway, i tote my p3at in an uncle mikes nylon rig....and ive practiced over and over unloaded of course.....and not once did the trigger shoe drag on the holster during insertion to cause any movement of the hammer......

now i can see how a molded leather rig could pose this issue.....but i use the nylon because i can switch pockets with it due it not being "handed" like a leather rig is....

i must add that the trigger shoe doesnt make shooting the gun any better for me, its about the same with or without it.....

anyone else use one of these?

2. engineer88

engineer88 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I think due to the trigger reach on these small guys the shoe is not a big deal, but on something bigger or with a heavier pull (like a P-11) the difference is much more noticable. Just my take...

3. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005
      If you want to make the trigger "better" then you need the LHS.

Packer.

4. gbm5170

gbm5170 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    I've got the trigger shoe installed on my P-3AT and highly recommend the shoe. It is a matter of personal preference. I bought the ribbed trigger shoe and didn't like the serrations so I dremeled the entire shoe smooth....much better!