Been away for a while - HC P3AT brings me back

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by cal45, Mar 10, 2008.

1. cal45

cal45 New Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Just brought a brand new HC P3AT on Friday. Did some Flitzing to the barrel but the HC seems to have eliminated any rough spots. Can fellow members here tell me if the HC P3AT's have had a history of running better straight from the factory as opposed to the blued ones?

Thanks - here's a pic of my newbie. ;)

[​IMG]

2. wheelguy

wheelguy New Member

May 4, 2007
    My impression from reading all the posts over the past year is that they are more reliable than the blued ones. A few others have mentioned this same impression. Maybe more care goes into making the HC models, maybe it's because the HC has a lower coefficient of friction than the other models. Still expect FTEs, however, if you limp wrist it. And - use grease or dry lube on all rubbing surfaces.

3. cal45

cal45 New Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Thanks, wheelguy....that's what I though, too. The HC process smoothes out the barrel and slide for easier performance. I did have a new 2nd Gen blued one approx 2 yrs ago and it worked fine for me but I did take some Flitz (by hand) to the barrel when I first got it home....just as I did with this new HC P3AT.

4. boatnsc

boatnsc New Member

Sep 22, 2007
    +1 on the F@B just redid mine due to a replacement on my HC for peening slightly,, learned to go just a little further this time and polished and lightly sanded the draw bar , hammer block,hammer breech ,firing pin etc. cycled and fired snap caps so it should be ok ...will admit had to watch BEACH video several times to learn how to get that hammer block down to reset the end of the frame..but live and learn :)

5. alamo

alamo New Member

Sep 12, 2004
    We've observed over the years that the HC pistols generally perform better due to the slick surface. Probably helps it when lube starts to wear off and powder residue builds up. HC is definitely easier to clean due to the finish.

6. cal45

cal45 New Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Thanks - I also believe that the HC enables the P3AT to perform better straight from the factory.

Before I purchased this last week, I was thinking about waiting for the R LCP to come out but thought back to the past P3AT's I have owned (and sold for the "need" for something else) - they all ran fine. So, thats why I came back. Forgot how easy it is to tote around - you forget its in your front pocket. ;)

7. finnfur

finnfur New Member

Feb 5, 2008
    I shot the first 50 rounds thru mine today. Without a hiccup But I'm confuse and don"t know what I have. Is this Hard chrome because I thought it was parkerized. Maybe I got a better deal than I thought.

[​IMG]
    'Katie"

TOM

8. cal45

cal45 New Member

Dec 19, 2004

That's hard chrome - and the pic was taken with a nicer camera then I have. ;)