BDM Mags On Sale!

Discussion in 'SU-22' started by jgorniak, Apr 14, 2009.

1. jgorniak

jgorniak New Member

Mar 11, 2007
    Just a head's up...I received an e-mail  from BDM, and they are clearing out two types of PLR-22 / SU-22 mags:

Full-bodied (tan or gray) and skinny (smoke or glass black) are just $20 each, plus shipping (which was $10 to me via USPS).

Hopefully this is news and can help someone. I just got the e-mail today, and didn't see anything posted on the first forum pages.

I'll post it both forums; move or delete if necessary.

2. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    That is good news for somebody. Not such good news for me. I bought a 15 round smoke mag at full price plus $10 shipping and I'd have liked to have had a gray one. Then I bought a skinny mag in smoke, plus $10 shipping. If I'd have know, and I'd waited, I could have saved some about $35.

My skinny mag doesn't feed well. I need to take it apart and clean it and check for burrs or mold flash. I called BDM and talked to the nice guy and he told me to check the area that funnels in just below the feed lips. That's the only less-than-perfect issue I've had with the BDM mags. The design and manufacturing quality are good. I think they're a little pricey but not much more than I'd expect for that quality. $20 sounds a lot better though!

3. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    I bought some :)

And I don't even have an SU-22 yet :(

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Same here - I just ordered 3 grey ones.  ;)

5. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    How about a link? I can't seem to find them.

6. Whodat

Whodat New Member

Jun 20, 2008
    google - black dog magazines. (Teach a person to fish) ;).

7. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    It's Friday! Here's a free fish.
    http://blackdogmachinellc.net

PS - I'd get a couple of more smoke colored skinny mags for $20 each, if I could get the last one I bought to feed. I still haven't taken it apart, but it kinda bugs me that I need to work on a new $35 mag that was $45 after shipping. I think I can get it to work, but I don't like the way the rims offset in the skinny mag and I'm not convinced it'll ever be reliable in the long term. I think I'll stick with the 26 and 15 round mags. They seem clunkier than they need to be for .22, but they work well and a lot of people like the AR-15 look. The SU-22C folds over the 15 round mag very well, and 15 is plenty for my ultimate intended use.

8. wmailhos

wmailhos New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Same here - I just ordered 3 grey ones.  ;)[/quote]

UGH! :-X

I'm a cheap b****** but I'd pay extra for a "pretty" color.... :-*

9. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    Thanks. I was googling BDM and wasn't having any luck.

10. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    I grabbed a couple of grey ones in anticipation of getting a SU-22 when the finally show up around here. $20 bucks beats $35 any day of the week. :)

11. matyoka

matyoka New Member

Apr 18, 2009
    DAAANG >:( I allready bought four K-T factory style mags @ 34.50 each...