Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been kinda busy around the house the last 6 weeks or so, remodeling a small bathroom.

Last room left to rebuild from the flood we had 3 years ago. We kind of put it off. Money don't ya know.

New drywall, cement board, wiring, plumbing, tile, paint, glass block window, pedestal sink, toilet, medicine cabinet, ceiling vent, lights. Just a few more details and I'm done.

Only cost twice as much as I figured. :)

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Us union guys can do anything...most of the time. If the pay is right...if we get enough breaks. :D

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
Hey Rick,
You been hiding your talents.

We all knew you could ride, but THIS?

That is fantastic man , looks pro to me.

Great job.

Now rest and ride.

Jim

·
Administrator
31,975 Posts
Glass bricks are a cool touch. :cool:

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dale, the glass bricks are not that hard to do. And the cost was about the same as having a new window put in...the old one was pretty shot.

I had gotten tired of the clutter that was always left on the window sill...shampoo bottles and such. Plus I was always banging my elbow on the sill. The glass brick lets in all kinds of light, but ya can't see through it at all.

·
Administrator
31,975 Posts
Yep, and that retro/art-deco appeal too. :cool:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Looks great. Basic rule of thumb at my house is to get an accurate assessment of cost of materials and man hours to complete the job. Then DOUBLE it. Comes in pretty close.
Enjoy the new "facilities" !:D

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Nice work. Real nice.

I did a siimilar project last year, same idea with the glass mini-tiles. I used the white "subway" tiles and an acrylic pan.

I would have thought the outlets need to be GFCI...

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GFCI is in the main breaker panel. I have 2 separate GFI breakers, one for each bathroom, and also covers the outlets near the kitchen sink and a couple of outlets outside. It's a bit more expensive to do it that way (GFI breakers are around $40 each), but I think it works out better.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Reading online today and found out that my house is out dated. I do not have stainless appliances, I have brass light fixtures and door hardware, my slab hollow core doors are not cool, I have a popcorn ceiling, I do not have oil rubbed sink fixtures, and my foyer and wash room tile is outdated. Oh, we do have seamless counter tops in baths and kitchen, and floor coverings are ok.
Even so, the wife and I like it as it is. It is comfortable and paid for. When the kids get it they can change what they want.

Life is short, be happy
Jack

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Reading online today and found out that my house is out dated. I do not have stainless appliances, I have brass light fixtures and door hardware, my slab hollow core doors are not cool, I have a popcorn ceiling, I do not have oil rubbed sink fixtures, and my foyer and wash room tile is outdated. Oh, we do have seamless counter tops in baths and kitchen, and floor coverings are ok.
Even so, the wife and I like it as it is. It is comfortable and paid for. When the kids get it they can change what they want.

Life is short, be happy
Jack
Cool in another 20 years it will be Retro.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Cool in another 20 years it will be Retro.
In an other 20 years I probably won't be here to know.

Life is short, be happy
Jack

1 - 17 of 17 Posts