Bassmaster Classic in town

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Eric_in_Nola, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Eric_in_Nola

Eric_in_Nola New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/tournaments/classic/news/story?id=5918420

It havs been since highschool since i payed attention to pro bass fishing but as a kid I always wanted to go to this event.

Going over to the convention center to see the sportsman show.

Girflriend want to meet the cast of "Swamp People."

Should be fun. Won't go to the weigh in as I have to get back home before the first parade of Mardi Gras rolls and I have to get on the grill and cook up some grub for the folks comming over to watch it.

2. eldreda

eldreda New Member

Apr 29, 2010
    Melrose, FL
    We went to the sportsman show when it was in Kissimmee a few years back..Awesome lots of free goodies watched the weigh-in on TV later in the week.

3. artimus_prime

artimus_prime New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Central FL
    went to it when it was here in Orlando. Convention was cool... free swag! Watched the weigh in live. That was cool too. Great experience!

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    She's cool. Dat's my peeps. :D

5. abuck50

abuck50 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2008
    NW Ohio
    I went to the Classic when it was in Chicago. I had a great time!

craig

6. Eric_in_Nola

Eric_in_Nola New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    She's cool.  Dat's my peeps.   :D
    [/quote]
    She thinks Troy is the best thing since sliced bread. Every time he comes on, all she can say is that she thinks he would be a great person to know and have as a neighbor.

Seems like a nice guy to me as well. Bet he is a lot of fun to hang out with.

7. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    She's cool.  Dat's my peeps.   :D
    [/quote]
    She thinks Troy is the best thing since sliced bread. [/quote]
    Troy is very a very typical guy in those parts and you can't fake that accent.  They are all exactly like a lot of the folks I grew up with...  salt of the earth, hard working and hard playing Americans.   :cool:

In fact, I know a couple alligator hunters, one pretty well.  As a kid, I hunted, fished and trapped all over the bayous, swamps and marshes of the Mermentau Basin.  However, in 1962 when I was about 7 years old, the season was closed due to over-hunting and a diminishing population.  Of course that didn't stop a few of the Cajuns back in the swamp from doing what they did to survive.  We'd hear stories at school from a few of those kids.  The season didn't reopen until the 1970s after I had moved out of the state so I never had the opportunity to hunt gators.  It's probably just as well or I might be answering to Lefty.   :eek:  

Speaking of the various characters on the show, my boss has a crush on T-Mike.  I tell her husband that he'd better behave or I might fix her up.   ;D