Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forum but couldn't find how most people were removing their barrel for threading. My understanding is that you can unscrew it of you take off the handguards and defeat the red loctite, or go the harder route and take the gun totally apart by splitting the clamshell. I'd rather avoid disassembling the whole gun. Any advice? I know keltec says not to unscrew the barrel.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
If you take out the screws at the swivel point, remove the sleeve that the rear sight pivots on by pushing it through the larger hole, then loosen the screws at vthe bottom just forward of the trigger, it will give you enough play to pop the barrel out with the block attached. I didn't dare take the lower screws out all the way for fear of the trigger area being affected. Try not to force it , there are two knubs on each side of the block that clip into the sides of the sight tower, just loosen it to whre it will pull out with the help of a flathead screwdriver twist. Hope I didn't make it sound too complicated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Paul, you've done it on yours? I tried that way, but got nervous just as I was prying the clamshell apart! Looks like I'll try again. Where did you have yours threaded?

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I didn't have it threaded. On my first mod I nicked the barrel cutting off the front sight, shot fine for me, but when I traded my 9mm for a .40 cal I decided to make sure it was in A-One shape. So I changed out the whole barrel assembly with new forends and front sight.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I just ordered via Wriggly's instructions. Call Kel Tec and tell them what you want and that you can install it yourself. I think the full assembly shipped was like $94. They're pretty good on letting you do your own repairs as long as you state it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts