Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me or is the barrel on the coyote tan pf9s black? If so can I buy one from KT like that or what would i need to do to get my barrel coated?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Coat it or parker it yourself. Or send it out and have it done. No matter what you do it will wear off the top in a few 100 rounds though. A bottle of cerakote or duracoat would do the barrel probably 40 times.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if the coating is just gunna wear off then i might got he polished route then. I was thinkin the all black look would be pretty cool. (I have a blued slide with black grip)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Is it me or is the barrel on the coyote tan pf9s black? If so can I buy one from KT like that or what would i need to do to get my barrel coated?
mine is black, it will ware on the edges, but i cant believe it will all ware off. all black would look good. black grip, parkerized, black barrel.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is the powdercoating used on automotive parts similar enough to cerakote where it would hold up well to the stress of being on a firearm?

·
Registered
131 Posts
For heat protection yes,
for the scraping & scratching that you get with the backward movement of the slide? not so much

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
I have a tan PF9 and the barrel is parked (I think). It looks good, and at first I had my doubts, but so far it has held up with only a few bare spots where contact has been made with the slide.

·
Registered
718 Posts
if the coating is just gunna wear off then i might got he polished route then. I was thinkin the all black look would be pretty cool. (I have a blued slide with black grip)
By wear I mean the top will show some scuffing over time. The sides etc will hold coating very nicely. Trick to keeping any coating looking good is to use a very thin coating of grease inside the slide on all the contact points. The polished barrels look sharp as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts