Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a used RFB carbine about 2 months ago and after a few times shooting it, I've realized not only is it missing the birdcage, but the barrel end isn't threaded. Anyone know what gives?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Can you post a picture? Only thing I can think of is that someone chopped the barrel down on a hunter model and didn't bother to rethread the barrel, or KT made some state compliant models that didn't have threading to begin with.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'd be willing to bet the previous owner chopped the barrel down.
Is the barrel crowned or just flat?
That might be a good indication.
You might want to measure that barrel to make sure it is at least, 16", and not an "unauthorized" sbr.
The standard RFB carbine is 18".

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
They made a canadian export compliant model. Couldnt be threaded for a muzzle device and cannot be chambered in a nato/military caliber to legally export... Read the ID label, If it says it is chambered for 308 vis 7.62 then it is a canadian model. Someone there screwed up and they released a few of them that were sold in the US. They made an effort to recover/exchange them once they realized what happened, but I suppose not everyone turned theirs back in because of the unique factor...

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
...but I suppose not everyone turned theirs back in because of the unique factor...
If it's anything like the SUB 9 the production numbers for export might be pretty low. 200 in the case of the SUB 9. My Canadian S9 will be the last Kel Tec I part with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts