Banned from this forum?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by Badman400, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Badman400

Badman400 Active Member

Hey anybody! I tried to reply to one of the threads here by RustyNuts and I got an error message saying I had been banned from this forum. Did I do something I'm not aware of?  :-/

Seriously is there something I need to do to make it work again? Maybe I'm just not holding my mouth right. ::)

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Probably just some glitch.  Try logging out and back in.  :-/

3. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    stand on your head, dance an irish jig, and have a vodka on the rocks.

then i am sure you will get back in.

;D

4. Badman400

Badman400 Active Member

The fiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrsssssssss  Vokkkaa  was so good I had four 9 more. I'm OK with being banned from that threadddddd now. hic-cup.  :D

I still can't dance worth a damn though. :-[

Seriously, it seems to be working OK on the other threads. I'll go back and try it again now.  :cool:

5. Badman400

Badman400 Active Member

Well, no luck!  :(

Everytime I try to reply to that particular thread, I get this message and then it logs me off and I have to sign back on again. I usually stay logged in "forever" and don't have to go through logon. But with this thread nothing seems to work. Here's the error message:

An Error Has Occurred!

I: Sorry, you are banned from using this forum!  

BTW do you guys know how hard it is to dance a jig and drink 9 drinks while you're standing on your head? My wife says she does like the way it flattened out my conehead though.  ;D

ETA: Sombody tell RustyNuts I like his Moly Resin job on the PF-9. :cool:

6. Badman400

Badman400 Active Member

Thanks TX! I saw the reply.

Tried again to reply to you there, but it appears I'm still "banned" from that particular thread. :-/

7. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005
    This has been happening on and off to me for months. Often I cannot reply to my own posts--Most recently, "A trip to the theatre." (Although it WOULD let me modify the post.) The forum will absolutely NOT let me into the "Who has bought a PF9" thread, and I have long since given up on updating it.

It's frustrating, because even though I just typed this, It might give me the "banned" message instead of posting it.

Packer.

8. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Possibly this issue is related to mods that Ray made to the forum. Short of getting him to install the latest version, (there is a new one), I don't know of any possible fix. Fortunatley, these episodes seem to be few and far between. I have checked the yabb forum for fixes to this problem, but have not seen this particular issue reported, let alone a fix addressed. This is why I think it is the result of mods that were done. I don't really know. :-/

9. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005
    It comes and goes. Some days I cannot post at all. Today, it has let me post without any problems. It's a very strange glitch.

Packer.

10. Badman400

Badman400 Active Member

Today I tried to reply to a PM from Scott and got the same error mssg.  :-/

11. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005
    Yep! That's why I can't return PMs unless there is an email address.

Packer.

12. Potlicquor

Potlicquor New Member

Mar 29, 2007
    Awhile back, maybe five or six months ago, I too had the same type problem. It eventually went away with some help from the people here that can tweak, adjust, test or whatever...anyhow they "got'er done".  :cool:

13. Jdeere562

Jdeere562 New Member

Mar 26, 2005
    I can't access "The Counter" to even read. Tried it at work too, which would have a different IP address.  :( Guess that means I'm not banned anyway.

Mine says an error has occured.
    You are not allowed access to this section.

I'm not a big poster, but I sure enjoy reading.
    Please make it better TX?  :)

Jdeere562

14. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I suspect you were not logged in and were viewing as a guest. Guests can not access the Counter or Trading Post.

15. Jdeere562

Jdeere562 New Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Thanks TX. I was unaware of the change and logging in worked.

16. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    So how the heck am I supposed to keep tabs of what is going on while throwing temper tantrums and refusing to login?

-Scott

17. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    Is anyone else getting random "you are banned from this forum" errors the last 2 days? I'm getting them for random threads and sometimes even random posts. I even get the error trying to leave this message. I keep logging back in and still can't get anywhere.

Rick

18. jimwiggs

jimwiggs Active Member

Aug 23, 2006
    Cocoa, FL

Having the same problem

Jim

19. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    There is a new updated version of yabb that addresses many of these bugs.  I PMed Ray to see if we might do an update but have not heard back from him yet. This list shows known bugs in this version. Those in red are some that I have seen here, including some mentioned in this thread.

20. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005
    The problem is getting worse. For the past several days, it wouldn't let me even ENTER this forum. And it STILL won't let me into the PF9 forum.

Packer.