Banned from forum?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by haugrdr, Feb 7, 2008.

1. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    Maybe I was bad, but when I tried to modify my PM prefs a few minutes ago...I get an error stating I'm banned from this forum and I'm logged off right away. Can any one help?

2. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005
    I'm guessing it was in error. This sometimes happens on forums.

3. haugrdr

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    I hope so...don't remember ****ing anyone off.... ;D

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    It's a glitch of some sort. It happened to Packer the other day but nothing happened and it went away. ;)

5. haugrdr

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks...was wee bit worried.

6. Potlicquor

Potlicquor New Member

Mar 29, 2007
    I got "banned" last nite on the Accessories forum while trying to post a reply...will try again today and see what happens? >:(

7. Potlicquor

Potlicquor New Member

Mar 29, 2007
    Well...I'm still banned from the Accessories forum but not from the others (this one for instance)? Somehow when I try to post a reply it tells me an error has occurred, that I'm banned and that this forum is for members only (I made sure I was signed in and didn't sign out)! I even tried signing back in several times to try it again to no avail, oh well I guess I'm banned for real from Accessories. :'( :-[ :(

8. haugrdr

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    It's been well over a week and I still get the same message when trying to modify PM prefs. Anyone know what to do to fix this?

9. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    what web browser are you using?

10. Potlicquor

Potlicquor New Member

Mar 29, 2007
    I'm using: Microsoft IE build 7.0.5730.11 128-bit encryption (usually on AOL)!

11. Potlicquor

Potlicquor New Member

Mar 29, 2007
    Well, maybe I'm missing something, and if so I plead guilty (and ignorant) but it seems I'm only banned from the topic: "where does your kel-tec sleep at night?". I can post replies on other topics in Accessories but not there. Is this topic possibly closed to replies (it does have the "reply" button activated at the bottom). It's probably just me, I'll admit it in advance. :-[

12. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    I just posted this TEST in there with no problem :-?

13. Potlicquor

Potlicquor New Member

Mar 29, 2007
    I just tried to post a reply again to no avail, I keep getting this message and then I get signed off from KTOG and have to sign back in?

I: Sorry, you are banned from using this forum!

It's not worth your having to do anything special on my account as I can post replies most every where else. but thanks for trying.

14. haugrdr

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    I am also using Microsoft IE build 7.0.5730.11 128-bit encryption. I connect with either AOL or Roadrunner. Getting the error message with both.

15. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    amuse me please, try firefox....

then let me know, i may have an idea if firefox works.

16. haugrdr

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    Before downloading Firefox, I tried something. Signed OFF AOL (because I usually leave it signed on all the time) and opened uo IE in Roadrunner. Now when I update my profile info...everything is OK.
    ;D ;D ;D

17. Potlicquor

Potlicquor New Member

Mar 29, 2007
    Sorry, but I don't have Firefox. Thanks for trying to assist me/us with this but, as I can post replies everywhere else herein...I will just avoid Accessories (replies that is). :(

18. haugrdr

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    Try doing what I did, sign OFF from AOL. Open Internet Explorer and try to open the pages you want. Or, you can download Firefox for free at this link:
    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

19. Potlicquor

Potlicquor New Member

Mar 29, 2007
    OK...I did that and it worked (I did not download FireFox however)!! Funny that it would only hold me up on that one topic via AOL? Hope the KTOG Administrators don't get upset with us trying to figure this out and wasting a lot of space and such, so I'm outta here! :-?

20. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Apparently some wierd glitch with AOL's IE? Oh well, I glad you figured it out.