Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The McMillan Group, which has in recent years branched out into the manufacture of custom tactical rifles and accessories, has been told by Bank of America to "find another bank". They were told that their long standing credit line with Bank of America is being cut off specifically due to their increasing involvement in the firearms industry. For those not familiar with the McMillan family...father: legendary benchrest shooter; son: former Navy SeAL. They produce high end platforms and accessories for the long range community, DoD, and several federal agencies.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/20/anti-gun-bank-of-america-tells-gun-company-to-find-another-bank/

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Unfortunately most banks are firearms industry unfriendly. Especial with "Merchant Accounts". They state the reason is a higher then other industry fraud rate ( I doubt it) and potential for criminal activity.

I will say both my local B of A and Wells Fargo do not have a no firearms notice on their doors. I'm in Arizona so I can carry into the bank. However B of A has their door posted that you must remove your hat, Hoody, and sunglasses before entering. I'm sure glad they don't include ski masks!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

This is not about not being friendly to CC patrons by posting up a "No Firearms Allowed" sticker on the window. That, while is silly in my mind, doesn't concern me. If I'm concealed, I'm concealed. I'll carry into the bank either way. What concerns me about the latest move by BOA is that they are choosing not to do business with a client based on their involvement in the firearms industry. This has zero to do with perceived safety at the branch level. This has to do with political motivation and ideology. This can trickle down to not doing business with gun store owners, gun forum owners, NRA Instructors, etc..., or basically anyone that can easily be tied to the firearms industry. "Oh, you work for a Military Contractor? We are not interested in opening an account for you." -type business practice. If BOA gets away with this (I'm guessing they are testing the waters), then other like-minded companies could follow suit. Remember, BOA recently made a crazy-stupid announcement that they were going to start charging a fee for having a debit card. That quickly caused vandalism and they had to hire security guards to stand outside their banks off hours. Whomever is running this bank must be dumb of the highest order.

I have 7 BOA accounts in 2 states. I will be closing all of them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just another reason for me to change... I was unhappy with them already, as they put a hold on or paychecks every single month- even though we have more $ in the accounts than the checks are for and NEVER had a check not clear.

·
Registered
147 Posts
We dumped them about three years ago for holding deposits and bouncing checks. Rude folks at the branch when we moved to a new location but they did the happy dance to try to retain our accounts. We made the change.

Sorry, but the big banks suck! Charge too much and expect to solicit all kinds of extra fees to cover their massive overhead and bonuses to bigshots.

Better to use a credit union or small local bank where you will still get something called "SERVICE!"

·
Registered
286 Posts
That sounds really dumb, why should they care what business their customers are in, as long as they are legal?

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
They don't mind taking cash from drug dealers though and forbidding US flags to be placed on their lawns while dead soldiers are brought home. :mad:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Anyone seen this?

Bank of America is apparently anti-gun.
http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=204991

I know some will probably say this is not 2A related because it isn't government but I wouldn't be too sure. With all the government fingers in pie, I can't say for sure that this isn't a back-handed move. Either way, they won't get MY business.

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
Well. There goes my Bass Pro card! Probably better for me anyway...

·
Registered
168 Posts
I quit BofA some years ago. We had our checking/savings accounts plus two different CC there. We got a letter one day raising the interest. No reason given. In most cases we paid off the cards every month. Went to the lcl bank and the employee said she had numerous customers in on this matter, but that it was a corporate decision. They had raised hers also. Being a good customer I don't need this. Too many banks and credit unions out there to put up with this nonsense. So we close out the accounts. A CU offered us a 8.9% on a CC.

·
Registered
383 Posts
BofA and I parted company a few DECADES ago. They misapplied a my deposit to someone else's account causing me a major problem. When we went to the local branch to get it straightened out, the manager told us that the bank doesn't make mistakes!!!! It literally took months to prove their mistake and get it resolved. I refused the old BankAmericards and the follow-on Visas
I now use USAA and do all my banking on line except for ATM and they reimburse the fees for that. I do keep a savings account with a local credit union.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I honestly don't understand how BofA is still in business, or why anyone with any self respect would do business with them. Liars, Thieves and Idiots R Us.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had an account with them for about a year before I got sick of them and closed it. I stick with the small regional banks now.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
My BoA does not have an anti gun sign on their doors.

Life is short, be happy
Jack

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
I wonder if they would launder drug money if the price was right?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Didn't their credit rating get downgraded by Moody's the other day along with about 14 other large banks? Won't be long before they're getting a bailout also I guess.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts